- Personal Finance»
- Tax & Taxes
eFPS: Paying Taxes Has Never Been Easier
Taxation plays a vital role in our society. In the vantage point of political scientists, it is the bloodstream of the state. Without it, the government won’t function because it’s how they get resources to provide their services.
But no matter how important it is, no one likes to pay taxes. Everyone sees it as a burden because you have to go through a physically, mentally and emotionally tasking process just to give away your money. So to ease up the process of paying taxes and to save the public from the hassle it brings, the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) created the Electronic Filing and Payment System (eFPS).
The eFPS is an innovative way of paying taxes. It’s a system developed by the BIR that allows the public to pay their taxes online. It’s hassle-free and secure process with minimum effort required.
Things You Need to Use eFPS
You don’t need to leave home and go to a bank or a revenue district office (RDO). All you need to do is sit down, get comfortable and let your fingers do the transaction. Also, any qualified taxpayers are allowed to use this system. And to use it you only need to have:
- A computer
- Internet connection
- An updated version of your web browser
- WinZip or WinRar for compressing and uncompressing of files such as tax return forms.
- Microsoft Power Point 2000 or higher to view presentations.
- Microsoft Word 2000 or higher to view other files that can help you with this process.
The Advantages of Using the eFPS
- Convenience – The eFPS is easy to operate. With it, paying your taxes is only a few clicks away.
- Availability – Unlike banks and RDOs, eFPS is available 24/7 including holidays.
- Security – With this new system, no one can see your personal information except you. Your transaction records are protected because the system doesn’t allow unauthorized personnel to access them.
- Less Errors – Now that eFPS is available, errors will be cut off to the minimum. You are in charge with the information to be submitted. Here, you don’t have to deal with errors in computations anymore.
- Less Expensive – This doesn’t mean you’ll pay less tax. It only means you don’t need to pay fees for receiving, encoding, pre-processing and other unnecessary payments.
- Quicker Process – Unlike the manual method, the process here moves quicker because the system responds faster so you can save lots of time. Also, you don’t have to fill-up the hard copy of the form.
- Interaction – This innovative method allows exchange of information online. You can get immediate feedback when you’re using this system.
The eFPS encourages the public especially freelancers and entrepreneurs to voluntarily pay their taxes on time. With this, going through an excruciating process isn’t an excuse anymore. You might lose some money if you pay your taxes. But keep in mind that it’s for the betterment of our society. So, share. Don’t be selfish. Support the government and pay your taxes on time. To know more about eFPS, visit www.bir.gov.ph. To get tax updates, visit the BIR fan pages, http://ow.ly/zUjMm.