Small Beginnings to Save Money
Brace yourself for an Affordable Holiday
There is nothing like going on holiday. Whether a holiday is during spring, summer, winter or fall it remains an incredible feeling to get in the vehicle or bus on your way to your destination. The last thing you want to experience is financial stress.
Planning your Holiday and Finances
With careful planning, you can enjoy a wonderful holiday and return home without having regrets of spending all your money. You usually have twelve months to plan and save for your trip. Many people use their thirteenth paycheck for this much-needed holiday. There is something about a holiday that makes people spend more money than usually.
Curio's shops sell ornaments to people they do not need and sometimes do not even like it when they display it back at home. Holidaymakers also spend more money on restaurants, theatres, concerts and entertainment centers than usual. Maybe it is not a bad idea to plan a somewhat different holiday this year.
Create a budget for all the holiday expenses. Allow money for rent, gift buying, entertainment such as concerts and theatres, dining, transport and every-day expenses such as milk and bread. The envelope method is perhaps a good idea. You must keep to the budget. It is holiday time, and many temptations will come your way. By the time you go on holiday you will know exactly how much you can spend. Spending money that is supposed to see you through the following month should not be used. You do not want to go back home and have regrets.
Almost all countries offer scenic views. Camping is a much cheaper alternative to a hotel or self-catering apartment, as it offers inexpensive and healthy entertainment. It was John Burroughs who said: “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order." Put on your sturdy shoes, carry sufficient drinking water and challenge a scenic hiking trail.
Adapt the Do-it-yourself Attitude and Save
There are numerous ways to save money on a household. You may find some of these suggestions healthy for you and for your wallet:
- Home cooking is fun. Preparing lunch boxes are much cheaper and healthier than buying food. Buying food when you are hungry has never been a good idea. “Eat before you shop” is definitely not applicable in this situation and therefore, much harder to control.
- You do not have to avoid going to fast food restaurants completely, but you can save money by not going too often.
- Prepare a proper grocery list and do not go to the store when you are hungry. Keep to your list as you have prepared it well and the items on the list are what you need. Try not to buy more than what appears on your list.
- A sale is good. This is where one can get two items for the price of one. Look out for cheap prices.
- Store brands are often cheaper. If any brand can save money, then that will be the better option.
- Plan your trips to the recreation centers and stores. Every trip costs you money. Proper planning can save you money.
Save Money on your Bills
Late payments accumulate extra charges. You can avoid these charges and penalties by paying in a timely manner. Not only is it to your advantage financially, but it demonstrates how responsible you are on the credit report. There are Automatic Teller Machines that charge a fee when you withdraw cash. Find out which facilities offer free transactions.
Save on Entertainment
Your library is an excellent information center. Get information on the local parks. Stroll down the park lanes and enjoy the gardens. Challenge a scenic hiking trail and have fun in the public pool. Become educated about your neighborhood and visit the local museums. This is exciting and cheap entertainment. Get involved and help out at charity organizations.
The “Do-it-yourself” Attitude at Home
Learn how to do the minor repairs. A broken window can be replaced by you for half the price. A few loose tiles can easily be fixed. You can do your own garage-opener maintenance by removing the dirt in the tracks with a cloth, a brush and lubricant. Keep in mind that the federal law has specific requirements regarding the safety and security of garage openers.
Enjoy the outdoors and clean your own garden. This is a very rewarding task and can really save you a lot of money. Painting a wall and patching up is also an easy job that will save you money. This is a lifestyle that will benefit your finances and health.
- Credit Cards, Home Loans, Savings Accounts | Rate Choice
RateChoice lists banking products for users to compare products like credit cards, business loans, Business bank accounts, saving accounts, home loans, personal loans, transaction accounts & term deposits.