How to Make Money from Home to Supplement Your Retirement Income: 10 Tips
Make Money From Home, Supplement Your Retirement Income: 10 Tips
Making money on the internet is a good way to supplement your retirement pension fund. The average pension will not go as far as we once hoped it would.
Many of us will have to wait much longer than originally planned, to receive our state pension. In the UK, women’s pension have undergone massive changes; millions will see their state retirement age extended from 60 to 66 years, and possibly longer.
On the whole, women find it harder to save for their retirement; they tend to take time off work to have and to raise children, in most cases, this will prevent them from accumulating sufficient national insurance record of over 30 years service.
Taking time out can also mean that many women are being set back on the career ladder. With a reduce in income, there is less money available to put away for retirement pensions and investments.
In the private sector pension, final salary schemes are almost a thing of the past; companies can no longer afford to continue doing them. People are living longer, and will need more money to ensure a happy and worry-free retirement. Unfortunately; it's becoming blatantly apparent, that the money we’ve diligently paid into our pension schemes, may not be sufficient to finance the comfortable retirement we imagined.
Until Britain can solve the problem of an aging population and a lack of savings, we must look at ways to make up the deficit in our retirement fund.
In this current economic climate, we have to be proactive. We can no longer relax in the knowledge that we are paying our national insurance contribution, and that will provide sufficient money for our future retirement.
For those of us who are wanting to do more than merely exist in our later years, we will have to start thinking outside the box. We must begin to look at different ways to earn money, and this is where the internet will prove invaluable.
Age is no barrier to using the internet, if you can use a keyboard, you can learn to use the internet to work from home and make money online.
Here are a few ideas:
(1 ) Make money with videos; Youtube can earn you real money if you have skills where you can video yourself demonstrating or explaining these skills. You can upload your work on Youtube, display your contact details, and soon people will be contacting you for your services.
· (2) Make money cataloging videos, If you’re good with DVD's and videos, you can make money cataloging special events such as weddings, birthdays, and christenings. You can depict an individual’s history through the special times in their life; people will be happy to pay for this service.
· (3) Make money selling on eBay, You don’t even need much initial capital to make money on eBay. Simply sign up at www.ebay.com and post your unwanted belongings for sale. You can trade on eBay on a part-time or full-time basis. Sell your own product or sell for other people. Buy cheap products in bulk and sell them individually. Start with a few items, make a note of your best sellers and concentrate on those.
· (4) Make money from your hobbies, Look at what you already love doing, if you enjoy gardening and growing flowers, why not start a business as an online florist, or sell dried or wildflowers? However; you should be aware that in the case of wildflowers, there may be laws protecting them, but you can always grow your own. Wildflowers are in high demand; you can make money by selling wildflowers for decorating places like craft displays.
If on the other hand, your passion is food, why not start a restaurant business. If you are interested in bees, you can make money and also help the environment. Do your bit to help increase the bee population, keep beehives and sell your very own brand of honey.
If you’re good with people and like to sell, but you don’t want the hassle of working from an office. Work from home; take a look at becoming an independent distributor for companies such as the Utility Warehouse where you sell utilities like gas, electricity, phone and broadband at a competitively low price, you can save money and also earn as a distributor. Find out more at http://www.utilitywarehouse.org. I must advise, this is not for everyone, it is a type of MLM.
(5) Make money writing lyrics, if you are talented in this area, you can earn money writing musical lyrics and poems for greetings cards. You can also publish eBooks. Write an eBook, or pay someone to write and hand over the copyrights to you. You can then publish and sell. Consider writing for Kindle.
· (6) Make money writing Articles and web content, if you are skilled at writing, you can earn money as a freelance writer for magazines, website owners, for individuals and companies. You can sign up with sites such as www.elance.com, and www.guru.com, write hubs with www.hubpages.com where you can make money with Google AdSense, Amazon, and eBay. With a little know-how, you can make money.
· (7) Make money writing book reviews, many sites will pay to have people write book reviews. www.constant-content.com, here you can set the price for how much you are willing to sell your review. www.helium.com gives you the chance to make a good income writing and selling book reviews.
· (8) Get paid for advertising local businesses, every business needs advertisement to survive, but the small business owners are restricted by how much money they can spend on advertising. Many small businesses are unable to afford the high cost of TV and media ads. You can make money by promoting businesses in your local community. Promotion can be done verbally through word of mouth, by postcards, or on your website.
· (9) Earn money with Affiliate marketing, this is one of the big money making ideas on the Internet, if you know what you are doing. You can sell products on behalf of other businesses or manufacturers; you can do this by placing links on articles that are posted on article directories, directing the reader to the relevant website. If they make a purchase, you can earn an agreed percentage from the sale of the product.
· (10) Make Money with your local estate agents, the property market is still a lucrative business. Estate agents are always on the lookout for properties to buy and resell. If you have knowledge of properties for sale, you can refer the owners to the estate agents. Agree on a price in advance, and make some money.
There are many ways of making money, be it on, or offline. I'll be revealing more ideas to supplement your pension or simply to earn a little extra income soon. So until then, if you found this useful, please leave comments and watch this space.
- Popular Topics on HubPages
The most popular topics on HubPages, including Business, Jobs, Health, Entertainment, Education, Home, Family, and Technology.
© 2012 Jo Alexis-Hagues