Websites That Make Money: HubPages vs. Seekyt
There are so many new online article writers on the internet looking to start making money online that I've decided to write an article on my two favorite websites that make money: Hubpages and Seekyt. There’s a great difference between the two, but they are both revenue sharing websites giving you the chance to make money with Google AdSense and the Amazon Affiliate Program.
Both these making money websites have:
- a strong community of writers
- steady traffic
- people who take care of the website’s continuous growth and improvement
- a great earning potential
- an envious PageRank
Yet, if we compare one revenue sharing site with the other, we’ll find characteristics that differ significantly.
HubPages vs. Seekyt
- Writing and making money on Hubpages - Getting Started on HubPages
- HubPages has been online for more than six years; the site launched in August, 2006 after collecting a $2 million investment from Hummer Winblad.
- HubPages is ranked #318 in the world according to the three-month Alexa traffic rankings.
- The Google PageRank: 6
- Sites linking in (according to Alexa Internet): 72,064
- This revenue sharing website has 200,000+ published authors.
- The site has 1,000,000 published Hubs (articles).
- Average Load Time for HubPages (according to Alexa Internet): 1,97 seconds (slow)
- Revenue share: 60%
- Affiliate Programs: Google AdSense, Amazon, ebay, HubPages Ad Program
- Referral Program: 10%
HubPages is a high authority user-generated content website offering different revenue sharing models to its users. The website is arranged in such a way as to maximize search engine rankings. It offers a lot of different features and web widgets, if you like to use them. It attracts millions of page views. Submitting articles on HubPages is very simple and easy. If you’re a good writer and possess some SEO knowledge, you can’t fail on HubPages.
For some people, HubPages may be too big. In general, it’s much more difficult to establish yourself as an authority writer (if you’re new to the site) and you may get a feeling that almost every topic is exhausted there. The Google Panda Update was a big slap in the face for HubPages, so it will take time for the site to recuperate.
Of course, this doesn’t have to be your case. I’ve seen newbies who had more success than "old timers" – people who have been members for years.
- Writing and making money on Seekyt - Getting Started on Seekyt
- Seekyt has been online for cca. 1 year; the site launched in June, 2010 without any funding.
- Seekyt is ranked #62,120 in the world according to the three-month Alexa traffic rankings.
- The Google PageRank: 3
- Sites linking in (according to Alexa Internet): 825
- This revenue sharing website has 5000+ published authors.
- The site currently has 10,600+ published articles.
- Average Load Time for HubPages (according to Alexa Internet): 0,762 seconds (very fast)
- Revenue share: 70%
- Affiliate Programs: Google AdSense, Amazon
- Referral Program: 25%
Seekyt is still a small revenue sharing website, but it’s on the major road to success. Google loves it which can be seen in the fact that it gained a PageRank of 3 only after 3 months of existence. I’ve been a member on RedGage for two years now (and it has been in existence for longer than that) and the site has a PageRank 4. In a couple of years, if Seekyt continues progressing like it does, the PageRank may surprise everybody in the online world. Starting to write on Seekyt right in this period of time may ensure very high rankings and earnings in years to come.
Because of the PageRank lower than 4 and because of lack of knowledge about the site, and/or because of the fact that you can start seeing an increase in your earnings that fast (and this is only a current situation), people often have a feeling that the site is not worth the time or effort. They fail to recognize the importance of establishing themselves as good-quality writers right now before the site gets too crowded like HubPages. You need to use a third-party to upload photos to your Seekyt articles, such as Picasa and You Tube and vimeo to upload videos (this may be seen as a disadvantage, but it’s fairly easy to do it).
HubPages & Seekyt In a Nutshell
Alexa Traffic Rank
Sites Linking In (according to Alexa Internet)
Average Load Time
Slow: 1,97 seconds
Very fast: 0,762 seconds
60% of time
70% of time
Google AdSense, Amazon, ebay, HubPages Ad Program
Google AdSense, Amazon (+ working on other)
Check this website, too!
- Writing For The Web - Add SeekSuccess To Your Portfolio
What revenue sharing sites are good to focus on article writing? SeekSuccess is fairly new, but very promising, while longer established websites to consider are Seekyt and Hubpages. SeekSuccess will be a learning experience for both beginners and...
My personal experience with HubPages and Seekyt
I love both sites, but I feel more "at home" on Seekyt. It simply gives me more space and the social interaction is more family-like. HubPages will always be one of my favorite revenue sharing sites; ever since I became a member, I’ve learned a lot about publishing and making money online. My earnings are currently higher on HubPages, but I’ve been a member here longer than on Seekyt, and I believe that in the long run, I can increase my earnings on both sites.
Could you take the challenge and write 30 articles in 30 days?
Which one of the two revenue sharing sites will make you more money?
Both HubPages and Seekyt can make you money and both sites are a great place to hangout. I’d recommend giving it a try on both these money making websites. I guess, the one on which you engage yourself more by writing, publishing, commenting, promoting, etc. will make you more money. New online writers frequently ask questions about the earning potential; the most common question is: "How long does it take to start making money on Hubpages and/or Seekyt?" On rare occasions you hear a question "Can I write articles on a daily (or at least weekly) basis?" or "Can I write 30 articles in 30 days?"
Making money online doesn’t come from Google Ads or Amazon advertisements just standing there on your web pages. Ad income will be really negligible if you have a few articles published, and it may be great if you have published at least 100 articles.