- Politics and Social Issues»
- United States Politics
13 Facts about Eric Trump
Eric Trump is a noted American businessman, philanthropist and television personality best known for being the son of U.S. President Donald Trump. In this post, we shall take a look at some of the most interesting facts about Eric Trump.
Facts about Eric Trump
- Eric Trump’s full name is Eric Frederick Trump, and he was born in New York City on January 6, 1984 to Ivana and Donald Trump.
- His father divorced his mother when he was only seven years old.
- Growing up, he attended the Hill School which is located in Pottstown, Pennsylvania. He was reportedly sent to the Hill School, which is a strict boarding school, in order to keep him shielded from the press.
- At the young age of 23, Eric founded the Eric Trump Foundation, a charity whose goal is raise money for children plagued with deadly diseases at the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Since the foundation was founded in 2006, it has raised tens of millions to help children with life-threatening diseases such as cancer.
- In 2012, Eric was included in Forbes magazine list of the top “30 under 30” in real estate.
- Eric is an avid hunter, and is a member of the National Rifle Association (NRA), which is a nonprofit organization in the United States that advocates for gun rights. Eric’s love for hunting has seen him receive backlash on a number of occasions. For example in 2010, he was heavily criticized by PETA after he and his older brother Donald Trump Jr. traveled to Zimbabwe on a hunting trip and killed endangered animals.
- Eric and his longtime girlfriend Lara Yunaska, who is two years his senior, got engaged in July 2013. The couple eventually got married in November 2014 at Mar-a-Lago Club located in Palm Springs, Florida. The couple is yet to have children.
- He is an avid golfer.
- In 2016, Eric was once again heavily criticized when he said that his sister Ivanka is so strong and powerful that she wouldn’t allow herself to be a victim of sexual harassment at the workplace. But why was he criticized? According to his critics, his comments suggested that victims of sexual harassment at the workplace are responsible for their predicament and that only weak women allow such harassment to happen to them.
- That same year, Eric again received backlash for supporting his father’s (Donald Trump) 2005 comments in which he bragged about kissing and groping women without their permission. According to Trump, bragging about harassing women is “what happens” when alpha personalities meet.
- He has a degree in management and finance from Georgetown University.
- He is an executive in his father’s billion dollar company The Trump Organization. Upon his father’s election as President of the United States, he and his older brother Donald Trump Jr. took over the management of the company – a job they will do for the entire duration of their father’s presidency.
- As of 2016, he was reported to have a personal net worth of $150 million.