- Politics and Social Issues»
- Environment & Green Issues
5 Ways We Can Help Our Planet That Cares For Us
5 ways to help our planet is a great way to get involved in saving our planet. All of us know we could do more to help the world and it's resources. We fall into our routines and have become a little on the lazy side. We drive our cars, watch our televisions, and fly all over the Internet to see what we are missing. A lot of what we are missing is nature. Walking not only helps the planet, it helps your health. Before autos, computers and televisions came around, people traveled a lot less and relied on nature a lot more. Now the people of the world are destroying nature by the burning of fuels and the great foresting of trees. Maybe we can give a little back to nature.
5 Tips For Us
1. Riding a bicycle is a great way to help our planet. You can use one to ride to work, school, to go shopping, and to ride for recreation. There are many different styles and types of bicycles with many different accessories to choose from. There are also different trailers available, ranging from wagon type for hauling groceries to enclosed trailers with seats for hauling children. Riding a bicycle is good exercise and heart healthy. You may even loose a few pounds.
2.Installing solar panels to produce electricity and for heating water is an awesome way to help our planet. The price of photovoltaicsolar panels have dropped over the last few years and they have become more efficient. It is also possible to build your own from parts found locally and on the Internet. Even if you generate only 30 - 50% of your own electricity, it is that much less being derived from fossil fuels. If you make more electricity than you can use, you can sell it to the power company. The savings on your electric bill will feel good for your wallet also.
3. Re-insulating your house will let you use less energy and be good for our planet. Adding insulation will save you money and increase the comfort level in your home. Make sure your house is also properly vented. This will keep your attic and the whole house cooler and will make your roof last longer too.
4. Recycle everything that you can will also benefit our planet. This will save on resources that are fastly being used up. Changing our mentality to realize that resource are limited and once they are gone, it will take a long time for them to be renewed. Water can also be a limited resource. Just ask people that have weathered long droughts. You do not think about not having it until it is gone. Try to conserve whenever possible.
5. Join care2.com It is a great site for helping our planet and there are many things you can do there to help. They are involved in saving our wildlife, our oceans, and a variety of different things. There is a daily action that you can get involved with. The more people who help out, the more our planet stands a chance.