- Politics and Social Issues»
- Social Issues
50 Facts About Human Trafficking
Human trafficking, even though it’s the 21st century, it still exist. Not only that, it’s bigger than ever and most people today still believe it has perish long ago.
So, I’m sharing 50 facts about human trafficking with you all, hopefully after this video you’ll have something to think of
Prefer Watching a Video? I got you covered.
Made by yours truly.
50 FACTS ABOUT HUMAN TRAFFICKING
- There are around 37 million victims of human trafficking in 2016.
- 50% are children
- 70% are women and girls
- 30% of female victims are forced into labour.
- The other 70%? Trafficked into the commercial sex industry.
6. Pimps can resell their girls at a higher price as the girls are “trained “and have lost all hope.
7. 1.2 Million children have been trafficked in 2015 alone
8. So around every 30 seconds, a child is trafficked.
9. After you've finished reading this page(roughly 10 minutes), around 20 children will be trafficked.
10. Over 71% of trafficked children showed suicide tendencies.
11. Only 70,000 victims have been identified and helped in the past 20 years.
12. In fact, only 4250 victims were identified and helped in 2015.
13. Human trafficking exist almost everywhere, it doesn’t matter whether you live in an urban or rural area.
14. The average age of victims who are forced into the sex industry is 12 years old.
15. The average price of a slave is around $100
16. Slaves are cheaper today than they have ever been.
17. The global sex trade industry is not a dying but a BOOMING business.
18. Human trafficking is the second largest criminal activity in the world.
19. In fact, human trafficking is a 32-billion-dollar business!
20. It is also the fastest growing criminal industry in the world
21. Chances are you are indirectly supporting human trafficking.
22. The cotton that made your shirt might be linked to forced labour.
23. The shrimp that you ate for lunch might be caught by slaves.
24. The soap that you used this morning, the palm oil that made the soap might be harvested by slaves.
25. The younger the female is, the more people will pay.
26. There are actually “professional rapist” that breaks the victims’ spirit by beating and raping them over and over again.
27. Victims forced into prostitution are still being arrested by police.
28. Buyers are rarely prosecuted.
29. People who were forced into the sex industry have been blacklisted for prostitution, making it difficult to find another job difficult.
30. 91% of Americans believe slavery no longer exist.
31. Tattoos are used by pimps to show ownership.
32. 20-60% of people who work in the sex trade (including people who were forced into prostitution) said they’ve been raped and assaulted by police.
33. 23 countries
- the Central African Republic,
- Equatorial Guinea,
- The Gambia,
- North Korea,
- the Marshall Islands,
- South Sudan,
were blacklisted by the U.S. State Department in 2015 for failing to meet minimum standards in fighting human trafficking
34. Thailand is generally considered to have the worst child sex trafficking records.
35. The Obama administration was accused of overlooking human trafficking in Malaysia and Cuba for the sake of trade
36. There are more slaves today than they have ever been before.
37. 52% of traffickers recruiters are male.
38. 42% of traffickers recruiters are female.
39. The other 6% are both male and female.
40. Buyers can now buy prostitute online.
41. They don’t even have to go to the dark web.
42. Craigslist.com used to be one of the most famous website to buy child prostitute.
43. Organ harvesting of trafficked victims is growing at an alarming rate.
44. Some children are bought by terrorist to act as suicide bombers.
45. Some are bought to be trained as militants.
46. Global warming has left millions homeless and extremely vulnerable to human trafficking.
47. Traffickers “condition” their victims with starvation, rape, gang rape, physical abuse, beating, confinement, threats of violence toward the victim and victim’s family, forced drug use, and shame.
48. Human traffickers work with corrupt government officials to obtain travel documents and seize passports.
49. Sex trafficking plays a major role in the spread of HIV.
50. Traffickers use their own “trained girls” to recruit other girls into the sex trade
Author's Last Thought
Let’s fight to make things right.
No one should be taken from their family
No one should be forced to worked in sex industries
No one should own another person.