- Politics and Social Issues»
- North America Political & Social Issues
Among 99 Problems; The First Lady of the U.S., Melania Trump, Reciting the Lord's Prayer, Is Not One
Prayer is one of the good things...one of the Best things
The President held a rally in Melbourne, Florida.
Please pardon me, while I digress for just a brief moment...
Here in Florida, we locals refer to Melbourne, as Mel Burn!
So tired of hearing that long and drawn out
M e l...B O U R N E.....
Down here, it's Burn as in hot, ouch, not Bourne as in 'The Bourne Identity', so now you know, its off my chest and now I can proceed.
On a lovely Sunday morning not too long ago, I woke up to some big breaking News!
This News had many in MSM and in Twitter World discumbobulated. They were taken aback by what they were seeing and hearing and reading.
What was this big breaking 'News', you may be asking yourself?
The reciting of the Lord's Prayer by the First Lady of the United States.
Yes, many had a problem with Melania Trump's recitation of the Lord's Prayer at the start of the aforementioned rally, which had taken place in Melbourne (Mel-burn) FL
I thought to myself, this is the News, this fine Lord's Day?
This is the News on this day set aside, to rest our bodies and unclutter our minds, as we hand all that clutter and all that worry over to God?
All week long, I've worried about our Business.
Can we ever get back to where we were, before the past few years began working against us, setting us back, nearly ending us.
- As for those, tweeting ugly comments about the First Lady, I wondered, why is this such a problem?
I've worried about our elderly Parents. Will their small Savings sustain them for the rest of their lives and can we get to a point, where they can count on us?
- Is the fact that Mrs. Trump recited A Prayer the problem?
I've worried about family and friends. So many loved ones are dealing with hardship, health issues and with so much heartache.
- Is the combination of Prayer, the Trumps and the fact that they are now the First Couple, the cause for such angst?
My grandchildren are always on my heart and on my mind, because the Times...they have drastically changed!
I worry that it will not be possible for them to have the carefree childhood that I had.
As kids, we could roam the neighborhoods and the woods, never looking over our shoulder...and we had so many great adventures.
Our Parents could allow us to do so, without having to monitor every step of our path.
The same can not be said any longer. Evil is thriving.
- The word "creepy" came up more than once, when people were discussing the First Lady reciting The Lord's Prayer!
I reserve the word Creepy for all of the sickos that wish to do harm to our children, our grandchildren, our neighbor's children.
- Many people and many things are deserving of this description, but the First Lady and The Lord's Prayer certainly are not among them.
Radicalized terrorists come to my mind, those that wish to be provided easy entry into our Country, in order to have easy access to all of us, including our children, our grandchildren, our neighbor's children, in order to do us harm.
Now that's creepy!
Sadly, you don' have to look very far, to find another very creepy thing, thriving right here in the Sunshine State.
It is called human trafficking.
A few months ago there was a woman at my Church that I had not met before. I introduced myself and we struck up a conversation.
She is here, in the Central Florida area, for one reason.
- Not because Disney World is here,
- Not because beautiful beaches surround us here,
- Not because we are in the Tourist Capital of the World here,
Here is Paradise, but it is not Paradise for all here!
This woman is here, because Central Florida has become a human-trafficking hotspot.
Thank God for this woman and her Mission to put an end to it.
It is so much more than just a job.
Godspeed the task force that works tirelessly to end this wicked practice!
Our Governor understands and recognizes that for all of the beauty on the surface of our wonderful State... there is an ugly underbelly that cannot be ignored.
Ultra sensitive types...always with the constant need to feel agitated about something, to tweet about it, to protest it...how about this; the buying, selling and trading of human beings, in many cases innocent, defenseless and very young children!
These are all genuine Real Problems.
For more information or to see how you can help or assist in putting an end to Human Trafficking:
Florida Statewide Council on Human Trafficking www.myfloridalegal.com
The National Human Trafficking Hotline
Operation Underground Railroad
Freedom OF Religion...Not Freedom from Religion
As for The Prayer prayed...when America's Founders spoke of having a separation between the Church and the State, it was so that there would not be, could not be,
A Church, one Church...Thee Church!
It was not a suggestion, they were very clear on this.
Amendment 1 to the U.S. Constitution:
- Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
We have been granted Freedom of Religion here.
- We are Free to attend The Church of our choosing, not a Church, one Church, Thee Church...chosen for us.
- We can choose not to attend Church at all.
- We may be forced by our Parents to attend, (or made to feel guilty when we're no longer under their roof) but we cannot be made to by our Governing body.
The first freedom discussed in the first Amendment has been spun and re-spun, but still remains crystal clear.
The First Amendment takes nothing from us.
The First Lady is not a victim of the 1st Amendment, she is free to recite the Lord's Prayer, if she so chooses.
As am I.
As are we all.
We all have our share of problems and as a Country, we'll continually face problems.
The First Lady of the United States reciting the Lord's Prayer is a gift and it is not even close to being...a problem!
How shall I end this?
Matthew 6:9-13 Jesus said:
"This is how you should pray.
Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done on Earth, as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those that trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, for thine is the Kingdom and the Power and the Glory Forever.
© 2017 A B Williams