A CONSERVATIVE VIEW ON ELECTIONS
Fellow hubbers and other readers it should come as no surprise that I am a conservative. Based on my conservative bent I will propound my views on the process of election reform. Some of these views will seem old hat to many of you with conservative beliefs but I have one that may surprise you.
ELECTION REFORM-TERM LIMITS
I believe that election reform and term limits are necessary to the survival of The United State of America, as we know it. One term limit proposal that is making the rounds today is enumerated below in keeping with enumerated powers within the Constitution. I read these views expressed by fellow hubber Tim Bryce this week in his Hub, “Term Limits”.
- Term limits for congressmen should be enacted by every state to a maximum of 6 two-year terms to a minimum of 3 two-year terms.
- Term limits for senators should be enacted by every state to a maximum of 2 six-year terms to a minimum of 1 six-year term.
- All member of the Legislative branch should be subject to following all laws they enact. This includes Social Security, Medicare, EEOC, Health Care, etc, etc.
- All member of the Legislative branch should be made to provide for his or her (the PC police at Microsoft Word made the suggestion that I change their to his or her) own retirement like all other citizens. Legislators should retire on their own 401K programs, IRAs and Social Security.
You may notice that items 1 and 2 are to be done be each and every state as enumerated in the Constitution but since items 3 and 4 are Federal laws enacted by Congress they have to be Federally enacted reforms in the form of laws or preferably Constitutional Amendments
I believe with all my conservative heart we must get the money out of the election process. I only see one way to accomplish this feat. That would be a Constitutional Amendment for public financing of every Federal elective office. A Constitutional Amendment is necessary to enact this reform for the reasons enumerated below.
- Each and every candidate must have equal public money only to run for office to break the power of big money interests. All PAC money and other big money interests must be banned from election advertising. This amendment will include lobbyists, unions, corporations and political parties and other special interests.
- Campaigns must be of limited duration similar to the UK. This must be an integral part of the amendment since money is limited and no other source is allowed including personal fortunes.
As long as election cycles are a permanent fixture of American life they will be too costly to eliminate big moneyed interests from the election process!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As long as special interest money has a place in American politics then King Makers like George Soros wield enormous power over all of us in our everyday lives!!!!!!!!!!
We must eliminate both scourges of professional politicians and big moneyed interests from our political lives in order to insure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We must take our country back for ourselves and future generations!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is my humble opinion and I welcome yours on both the elimination of professional politicians and big moneyed interests!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please be specific!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!