- Politics and Social Issues
Apathetic Americans Anonymous
Are you a member of Apathetic Americans Anonymous? Do you know what this widespread unorganized group stands for? AAA is a large group of Americans who fall into one or more of the following categories.
- Watch MSM and believes every word they say
- Believes celebrities getting married is breaking news
- Must watch every reality show they can, its important!
- Believes the environment is in a bad way and somebody should do something about it, still leaves all the lights on and cranks thermostat up
- Watches the "news" just to see new products recommended for you
- Follows celebrities on twitter just o be kept up to date with their lives
- Believes the government is only doing things for our safety, drones in the sky are going to keep us very safe!
- Do facebook and twitter notifications come to your phone so you instantly know what that person you hated in high school is doing now?
If you find yourself falling into one of these categories, then you are a member of AAA. However unlike the more well known AA, this is not a good nor helpful group to belong too. There is no meetings, there is only further sliding down the slippery slope to blissful ignorance and false happiness.
What has happened to the people in this country? Are our lives so bad we have to live through others? Have we forgotten what it means to live? Are we so numb to death and destruction that we don't care?
Even though this was written mostly tongue in cheek, there is a very real problem facing not only Americans, but people world over. Brainwashing through news, digital news, digital entertainment and social media is creating a society of non-aware, apathetic sheep. We are so caught up in social lives, games and reality tv that we are ignoring what is happening, especially in this country. Maintaining record unemployment, blatantly raping the earth, sunk economy, political madness and religious craziness are sweeping the nation, but we do not care, we do not act.
What can we do? We can make a difference. We can save energy, we can become involved locally, we can spend time with our friend and family in real time (shocking concept), we can contact our senators and congressmen, we can strive to be different. Fix supper instead of grabbing fast food. Go for a walk in the park. Turn off the tv and talk to your family.
Apathy is a disease. You have to make an effort to change, to be different. Look inside yourself, see what you can do, realize there is a problem, and make a change. If we do not make a change, then this nation, this world, will devolve into a wasteland filled with brain dead sheep struggling to survive.