Best WWI Video Games of all Time
Classic WWI Video Games
Which is The Best of The Bunch?
Which is the best WW1 based video Game?
Xbox 360 Controllers
Ten Great WWI Video Games
There are far less WWI games than there are WWII and Vietnam games. Flight simulation and point and click are the main World War I games. The following list is composed of the cream of the crop of WWI games for a variety of reasons.
1. Wings of War (2004) This flight simulator was produced for the Xbox and the PC. The WW2 attack planes had rockets and bullets that were used in combat. This wartime video game is a single player game set during World War I and used guns and other exact replicas of the war. The game was very specific and closely followed real events of the war. My Dad even enjoyed this one because of the realism.
2. Guns of August (2007) This World War game is a strategy based game that was made for home computers. Your actions will determine the out come going forth in the game. Maps and other clues help determine your decision making. The war story mode tells the story from one soldiers point of view. It has a great music soundtrack and sound effects. I am more of a console game player than a PC gamer but this is one heck of a Role Play/strategy game.
3. Red Baron (1990) This WWI game was made exclusively for Mac, Dos and the Amiga console. In career mode, your player can pilot a bomber for the British or German forces with different missions for each. Although, this game is played exclusively from the air the targets are non stop. My best friend bought this game for his Mac and I played it many times at his crib and it was easily my favorite Macintosh game.
4. Flying Corps (1996) This flight simulator was made for the PC and it had a steering wheel that could be added on for realism. The graphics were ahead of their time and the dog fights are as close to real war as it gets. This game has four separate missions to compete in and it gets progressively harder as the game goes on. The wheel would shake when you get hit with enemy fire.
5. Hogs of War (2000) This game was made for the Playstation and for Microsoft Windows. This tactic based game has great 3D Graphics and an intense story line that focused on the war at hand. The third person view in this game helps show all the dangers that abound in war including serious injury and a bloody demise.
6. Shells of Fury (2007) This submarine war game was made only for Microsoft Windows and features tactical fighting with maps. Also, this game has air, land and ground warfare, which is helpful during this game. Bombers and mortars are constantly coming at your player so, watch out. You fight by using maps to lay put a battle plan.
7. Toy Soldiers (2010) This strategy war game was made exclusively for the Xbox 360. In this game you control ships, mortars, tanks and airplanes. The cut scenes reveal a lot of real life World War I situations. Medical packs, ammunition and grenades are all apart of a days work.
8. The Last Express (1997) The Orient Express is the location of this World War I video game. This game was produced only for home computers including Mac and DOS. There are 30 characters to play with or interact with on this mysterious train ride. Full motion war clips and large maps with expanded camera views are featured in this game as well as great sound effects. Graphics are so much more advanced than ever before. It's funny to see the reaction of today's gamers when they see older video games.
9. Knights of the Sky (1991) This game was released for the Amiga and for home computers. This game features one or two player mode and you must shoot down enemy planes. Also, the game has maps, bases and heavy artillery that is replicated very well. In this game your comrades help you by using sneak attacks and other military tactics.
10. Dawn Patrol (1994) This game was produced for PC and Amiga. This flight simulation war game is told in book form with flying missions of vital importance. The way you fly is determined by the decisions you make at the base. Tanks, armored trucks and fighter planes are all apart of a days work during Dawn Patrol.
The Last Express
view quiz statistics
Hogs of War PC Gameplay
Ten Weapons of War
M-60 Machine Guns
Video Game Hubs
- Prison Break: Conspiracy Theory (Video Game)
This describes the video game called Conspiracy Theory which is based on the television show called Prison Break. This review is based on the Playstation 3 version of the game. Pictures, you tube clips, maps, polls and commentary highlight this inten
- Best Wild West Video Games of All Time
Some of the best western video games ever are featured on this hub including: Call of Juarez, Red Dead Redemption, Dead Man's Hand and Gun Smoke. Pictures, video and commentary are in this blog.
- Best Apple 2 Video Games of All Time
This article describes the top games for the Apple 2 including Beachhead, Karate Champ, Techno Cop and Ms. Pac Man. Pictures, maps, polls, you tube clips and commentary are listed in this blog.
- Best Atari Games of All Time
This article is about the Atari 2600 and 7800 and the games for the consoles. Frogger, pole Position, Pitfall and Donkey Kong are all documented in this look at the classic video game system that started it all. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls
- Best Commodore 64 Video Games of All Time
This article describes the Commodore 64 Video Game system and it's top games. Navy Seals, Double Dare, Ninja Gaiden and Back to the Future 2 are listed here along with you tube clips, maps, pictures, polls and commentary are also featured in this hub
- Best Neo Geo Games of All Time
This article is about the NEO GEO Video game console and it's best games. Art of Fighting, Soccer Brawl, World Heroes and Metal Slug are featured in this classic video game hub. Pictures, maps, you tube videos, polls, a quiz and commentary are listed
- Best World War 2 Video Games of All Time
This Video game article documents the top WW2 games ever made. Pictures, videos and commentary are featured in this hub about Call of Duty, Wolfenstein 3D, Sniper Elite and many other war games.
Video Games: Then vs. Now
There is a huge difference in the video games from the past. Of course the games from the early 1980s, graphics and capabilities were so much different then, than they are today.
That is all that we knew of at the time so, we really didn't realize what we were missing.
© 2013 Buster Johnson