- Politics and Social Issues»
- Social Issues
Black People Stop Acting A Fool
Do we really need to act this way?
I wanted to write this hub about stereotypes [that are true] that black people are faced with today. Some are funny, but makes you wonder, "Why are we acting this way? Do we really want to be associated with this mentality?" I don't. Plain and simple.
Now there are some funny stereotypes, such as all black people eat chicken, drinks kool-aid or loves watermelons. But, I'm not targeting at those type of stereotypes.
You have negative stereotypes about blacks like:
- Black people are too loud
- Black people are too aggressive
- Black people are nothing but criminals because they're always on the news
- Black people are so ghetto and thuggish
- Black people are lazy
- Black people are all on welfare and likes to have babies only to neglect them
- Black people always have guns or knives on them
- Black people thinks people owes them
- Black people can't speak good English, always talking in Ebonics
- Black people are uneducated and ignorant
- Black people are all drug addicts and drug dealers
- Black people are so dramatic about everything
- Black people likes to torment other races by making referencing that they are either gang bangers or from bad neighborhoods
- Black people are all gang affiliated
These are just a few of the stereotypes. I can assure you that all black people aren't this way, yet there are some [unfortunately] that are this way. My question is: Would this really be a negative stereotype if some of its true?
I'm not going to say that "you are the product of your environment" because I don't agree with that entirely. There are people who were raised around crimes in the slums but made something of themselves by getting a good education or not falling to that "environmental" lifestyle.
But why black people? Why are we so loud? Why do we have to get so dramatic in situations? For example, when you're made at someone, why do you have to be so obnoxiously loud, neck rolling, in the face, curse word spewing type of person? Is it really necessary? Can you say what you need to say without doing all of that?
Why do some of us make references to who we're affiliated with? If you're a gang banger and want to live a crime ridden life, good for you, but am I supposed to fear you because you're a vice lord, blood, or crips?
I know that I didn't put this on the list, but what's with the "no snitch" policy? You want justice for black people and cry that we don't get it, yet there's a "no snitch" policy. Really? I'm sorry but if I see you doing something illegal or that harms someone in any way, I'm not going to keep my mouth shut because I'm black. This whole mentality of blacks don't tell on blacks is stupid. If we love helping each other that much then why is there so much black on black crimes? Think about that for a moment.
I know that people may be thinking "Oh, she's ragging on black people. This is her second hub about the idiosyncrasy of black people. She hates her own race." blah, blah, blah. No, I like to point out things that few of us miss or not pay attention to. If we, as a black race,want other races to stop seeing us in a negative light then we first need to fix all these negativity. Let the world know that there's more to black people than what the media, movies, music videos, or world thinks we are.
Think about it. I posted a funny [well, I think its funny] video from iBeShucks [Ricky Shucks youtube page]. This guy is funny, but makes some valid points. Check it out and comment below.
a Ricky Shucks vid
Do you agree with the hub?
- Fix Yo Sh*t!: Black Folks - YouTube
Stereotypes piss me off! But they didn't just make themselves up! smh We gotta fix this ish! Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ricky-Shucks/298209563551...
- Why do people associate all the negative stereotypes of black Americans to all blacks? - Yahoo! Answ
For example crime. Statistics don't lie. I'm not g…