Boris meets Trump's team
There was a time not so long ago when British Foreign Secretary and past Mayor of London said he would not go to New York for fear of bumping into Donald Trump. This jibe by Boris Johnson was a response to one of Donald Trump's Tweets about parts of the British capital being no go areas.
The current Mayor of London Sadiq Khan has it seems a love - hate relationship with Trump over what Trump said about temporarily banning Muslims from the USA while the conflict with AQ and IS is in full swing. Khan a Muslim himself responded angrily to Trump's outburst and both exchanged words on Twitter, however, when Trump as President does visit the UK Khan will no doubt have to accommodate him and show him around London.
Going back to Boris, the British Foreign Secretary has been in New York in meetings with Trump's team, presumably at Trump Tower. The meeting according to the British Foreign Office was about the upcoming May - Trump relationship when Trump is the main main man in the Oval Office after January 20. Many are hoping the May - Trump relationship will blossom just as the Reagan - Thatcher one did back in the 1980's and there are plans afoot for May to meet Trump in the Spring. Trump Tweeted recently that he would be looking forward to meeting Theresa May and that the relationship between the UK and the US is indeed a special one. The meeting between Boris and Trump's team which included Trump's son in law Jared Kushner and Steve Banon also included talks about foreign affairs.
Theresa May has in past interviews and a recent interview with Sophy Ridge on Sky News admitted she has condemned Trump joking about groping women but said Trump did say sorry about this outburst and that this statement should not threaten relations between the UK and the US. No doubt when the meetings between Trump and May's team have taken place and will take place trade will be one of the biggest discussions as Trump said the UK would be at the front of the queue as opposed to what Obama said.
Whilst in the US Boris will be meeting other American politicians of the Republican party like Speaker of the House Paul Ryan and Senators Bob Corker and Mitch McConnell.
Boris at the UN
Bio of Boris
1) Born Alexander De Pfeffel Johnson in June 1964
2)) Born in New York to upper middle class parents
3) Holds dual American and British nationality
4) Known in the media affectionately as simply Boris or Bo Jo
5) As well as being an MP Boris is an historian, author and journalist
6) Served as MP for Henley from 2001 - 2006
7) Was Mayor of London twice one period being from 2001 - 2016 where he twice defeated Labour's Ken Livingstone. One where Livingstone lost to Johnson and Johnson became Mayor and again later on when Livingstone ran against him again but Johnson retained his Mayoral job
8) Politically is a one nation Conservative and is liberal on policy and economics
9) Educated at European School Brussels, Ashdown House and Eton College
10) Was at Eton with David Cameron where they were members of the Bullingdon Club
11) Has served under Michael Howard when he was Leader of the Opposition and under Prime Minister David Cameron now serving under Theresa May as Foreign Secretary
12) Is MP for Uxbridge and South Ruislip
13) Was a prominent member of the Vote Leave Campaign
14) Has been married twice and his grown up children are:
Theodore Apollo Johnson
Casia Peaches Johnson
Milo Arthur Johnson
Lara Lettice Johnson
15) Has a prominent well known media sister Rachel Johnson