- Politics and Social Issues
Highlights of Census of India 2011
Census works of India conducting in every 10 years. It is also known as Kaneshumari. The latest census was conducted in India was in 2011. when we want to learn about the census of India, it is has a long heritage. The first census in India was conducted during the colonial period in 1872. but an authorized census was conducted in 1881. the British rulers took their efforts to start census process of India. India got its independence in 1947 August. After the independence first census was conducted in 1951.
Why Census ?
Census is the study or process of learning about the population related things of a country. This field of study known as Demography. Today India is in second position in terms of population after China with the tallies of more than 121 crore. It is the 17.5 of the total world population. So, census is an important work should conduct such a nation like India to achieve its long term dream development.
Census of India aims many objectives, it is not only focused to get just a numerical data. As said above development can achieve by proper planning, census data can be used for planning making process of the country. further we can understand many existing problems and the changes occurred from previous census. Based on the census data, which gives a signal about the future of the country. Another most important benefit of census data is it can be used as a tool for comparative studies.
10 HIGHEST POPULATED COUNTRIES
An Overview in to Census 2011
Similar to India all other countries are enthusiastic to know their population and related matters. Any way India host second place in terms of population. China, India, USA, Indonesia, Brazil are the top five populated country in the world. Major portion of population is belongs to Asian countries.
Any way we can understand the current condition of India on the basis of this latest census report in different fields like population and density, literacy, sex ratio, population growth rate.
Population and Density:
as per the census 2011 India contain 28 states with union territories. Total population of India is estimated more than 121 crore. Utter Pradesh is the state having highest population of 19.98 crore, then Maharashtra with 11.23 crore. Sikkim is the state having less population. In the case of union territories Delhi is the place having highest population with 1.68 crore and Lakshadeep is the less populated union territory with more than 64000.
Density refers to the number of people living within 1 squire kilo meter. Density of India is estimated 382. in the case of states Bihar is the state having highest density of 1106, and Arunanchal Pradesh is the state having density of 17 only. Delhi is the union territory having 11320 densities. Andaman Nicobar is the union territory having less density of 46.
Quality of education is the most important aim of any country. Since India is a developing and emerging country, it is very important to improve the human capital through education. Census of 2011 reported the literacy rate of India is 73%. A notable issue that is there exists wide disparity between men and women. Men literacy rate is reported by 80.9% and women only 64.6%. Kerala is the state secured highest literacy rate of 94 % and Bihar is the state having less literacy rate. In the case of union territories Lakshadeep is the highest literary state and Dadra Haveli having less literacy rate.
Men and Women:
It is an important magnitude of a country to understand its condition. To become a developed country there should be equality between men and women as they have responsibility towards society.
By the census of 2011 in India there are 943 women for 1000 men. That is 48.53% of the women population for 51.47% men. Kerala is the only one state having highest sex ratio. In Kerala 48% of population are men and the rest 52% is women. The sex ratio is 1084:1000 for women and men respectively. Hariyana is the state having less sex ratio of 879:1000. In the case of union territories Puthucherry has the ratio of 1037:1000. on the other hand Damandiyu is the union territory having the ratio of 618:1000. In India sex ration of girls below 6 years is 919 for 1000 boys.
Population Growth Rate:
Growth rate of India’s population as per the census of 2011 is 17.64%. This is the least population growth rate of India after independence from 1951. Among Indian states Meghalaya has highest population growth rate of 27.82%. Nagaland is the state having least population growth rate with - 0.47%. In the case of union territories Lakshadeep having least population growth rate of 6.23%. Dadranagar Haveli is the union territory recorded with highest population growth rate of 55.50%.