- Politics and Social Issues»
- Social Issues
Child Abuse Awareness Month 2009
The month of April is child abuse awareness month. Are you aware?
Do you suspect someone of abusing children physically, emotionally, or in neglect?
Have you called someone?
I am putting multiple links below. I am putting videos. First though, these are some of the figures and warning signs:
1 child dies each week by child abuse.
90% of the victims know their abusers very well ( babysitter, friend of family, relative, and even parents )
1 in 10 children are sexually abused.
The next list are possible indications of abuse
- Overly knowledgeable about sex.
- Venereal disease.
- Extreme measures such as suicide attempts.
- Clingy and insecure.
- Regressing to younger behavior.
- Fear of someone they know.
- Wetting their pants after being potty trained for awhile.
- Unexplained recurrent injuries.
- Refusal or lying to explain injuries.
- Refusal to undress for gym.
- Fear of medical checkups or exams.
- Self-destructive tendencies.
- Fearing physical contact.
- Fear that suspected abuser will be contacted.
- Constant hunger.
- Poor hygiene.
- Tired constantly.
- Untreated medical problems.
- Development lags ( physical, emotional, or mental ).
- Sudden speech disorders.
- Self depreciation.
- Overreacting to mistakes.
- Inappropriate responses to pain.
- Extremely aggressive in situations.
Please be aware. Don't be afraid to report.
My own Grandson could have been alive today if there would have been more awareness.
Below is the memorial video I made for Jonathan not long ago. Also there is a couple child abuse videos.
Check out the links below the videos and remember-Children are the future, please help the little ones. I ask in remembrance to tie blue ribbon to your car antenna.
BE AWARE OF CHILD ABUSE!
Do You Care?
I notice many people that really don't care.
If it was your child or grandchild you would care.
If you are an abuser, don't let me catch you. I am sick and tired of you, the abusers, getting off easy. I will not let you off easy. I don't care about you the abuser. It is absolutely horrible that you would take such a blessing from God and hurt and kill them. If I catch you, you can bet I will picture the killer of my Grandson on your shoulders and I will take it all out on you.
Those of you that care please join the first link. It is a social site I made for awareness of child abuse. You can make your own page. Let's keep the world aware and stop this evil from happening to our children.
There are also some other links that fit right with this hub. Please visit them all.
Thank you for reading this hub and doing your part. May God save our children!
© G.L. Boudonck
- The Good Parent
Great advice from great minds. Subscribe to this blog.
- ANGELIZD's Place - Child Abuse Pages - Jonathan Boudonck
- Kelsey's Purpose
- Jonathans Place - Home
Jonathan Boudonck Memorial
- Grandpa's Mission
My First Book
- Research & Evaluation Unit -Missouri Child Fatality Review Program Annual Report
Missouri Child Fatality Review Program Annual Report