Did Israel Participate in 9/11?
Molten Stream of Thermate
Reasons For Letting Israel Off the Hook
For those who believe or suspect the disaster in NYC on 9/11/2001 was an "inside job," a segment of these so-called "truthers" point to Israel as the probable agent. If 9/11 was an inside job, Israel would have taken a terrible risk by allowing any member of their Mossad to become involved in the disaster. There are at least seven reasons why Israel had no role in 9/11:
- Israel had nothing to gain by having the US invade Afghanistan or Iraq. Yes, Iraq was paying hefty sums for suicide bombers to wreck havoc inside Israel, but compared to the threat presented to them by Iran, this was negligible. If it had been Israel's call, the planted evidence would point directly at Iran, and the US would have ignored Iraq. Most likely, Israel would have preferred not to stir the pot in the Middle East.
- Laying out the ground work for 9/11 could never have been a completely Israeli operation. In order for the eastern seaboard to be absolutely clear of any US air force coverage must have required someone with extremely high authority within our own government. I don't believe the Israelis would have been comfortable that everything would go as planned on the US side of the operation (and it didn't).
- Should the worst happen and the entire conspiracy become unraveled to the public, friendly sentiment (even among American Jews) would have vanished instantly.
- There have always been plenty of ex-CIA, ex-Special Ops and obscure, foreign mercenary types available to rig the buildings and perhaps control some of the drone-like aviation of the commuter jets.
- Arranging for the fake dump of inappropriate, junk airplane parts (scattered over Shanksville, PA) and the launch of a guided missile into the Pentagon, again, would have required coordination at a high level within the US.
- The impossible-to-make and absurd-sounding cell phone calls supposedly emanating from Flight 93 had to originate via the CIA or Dick Cheney's mini-black ops assembly.
- Anyone with a lick of sense would have realized that post-attacks, a thorough scouring (kill off) of the lower-level participants had to be part of phase two, and I don't think Mossad would be willing to see any of there own assassinated.
Despite the number of people who believe 9/11 was tailored from the inside, the entire subject has become radioactive on a governmental level. Thus, the likelihood of a second "official" inquiry seems highly remote. However, the greatest number of dead occurred by the collapse of the twin World Trade Center towers. These buildings were occupied by individuals from dozens of countries. Any one of these countries could examine the archives and surviving "evidence" to satisfy their own sense of distrust. Far more Europeans (both Western and Eastern) have substantially less trouble disbelieving the official report. Yet, any country that might attempt an independent inquiry would risk losing favored status with the US. Inside the US doubters are labeled as conspiracy nuts, people who wear tin foil hats and howl at the moon. The doubters are lumped in with JFK assassination theorists, communists, anarchists, and individuals who are certain that UFOs are evidence of extraterrestrial life. The constituency is actually comprised of highly intelligent people, including a number of engineers, architects, and demolition experts. These various experts in their field have coalesced around the discrepancies and question the science upon which the official report is based.
Several documentaries have been created (inside and outside the US). The documentaries bring various inconsistencies and apparently overlooked facts to a boil. For some, the documentaries become a point of conversion while others dismiss the questions raised with a firm attitude that the entire topic is unappealing and too unsettling to contemplate for more than a few minutes. Others find the documentaries outrageous and subversive. The media has fallen in line with the official explanation and provide only token air time to counterpoints. The "truthers" can be broken down into a few categories:
- Those who believe the US government allowed foreign terrorists to hijack the planes and use them as instruments of destruction.
- Those who believe Israel was "behind" the events of 9/11.
- Those who believe the US government (at its highest levels) was responsible.
Warranted or not, without a second investigation, the alternate theories will linger and fester within the collective consciousness of everyday citizens and a number of troubled experts. Eventually, the doubters will (at best) earn a footnote in American history. Not everyone will be satisfied with that outcome.