A Decision That May Save A Life
Something needs to be done for these children before it gets to late and they reach the point of no return. Below I want to share a story with you.
The video I uploaded from Youtube is hard to watch and if you have a week stomach you may not want to watch.
As I was regarding the question that inspired this hub I was brought back to a time in my life when as a military wife I was somewhat overwhelmed with the responsibilities that entailed. I joined a group of other military wives who were in similar situations and this gave us an outlet and moral support. One of the wives had a little boy who was five years old boy who seemed to have an anger management and behavior issues. At one of the meetings she told us that he drowned their puppies by flushing them down the toilet one at a time. This put us in a dilemma much like the young lady who was told by a women that her children tortured and killed a puppy. We talked openly about how we each felt, offered to be their for our friend but told her that this had to be reported for the sake of her other children in case he choose to take his anger out on them yet also for himself because their was obviously something wrong. There most definitely mental health issues that had to be addressed immediately.
While taking a physiology class years ago I did a research paper based on the correlation between animal cruelty and serial killers. It's been found that quite a few serial killers and those who killed on a rampage were known to have tortured and mutilated animals when they were children. The research indicated that children and adolescents who tortured animals are five times more likely to commit violent crimes against humans.
- Jeffery Dahmer had an obsession with dismembering animals as a child and as an adult was found to have murdered and dismembered at least 16 victims.
- Ted Bundy witnessed his own father torture animals and he repeated his father's behavior. Ted Bundy was also suspected of approximately 40 murders yet they could only charge him with 2 murders because they simply didn't have the evidence.
- David Berkowitz who many know as Son of Sam killed 13 innocent people of which he plead guilty. He once shot a neighbor's because he saw an evil presence.
They are also finding a correlation of animal abuse amongst those individuals who have gone on shooting rampages.
- The two young men who perpetrated the Columbine massacre Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold were know to have mutilated animals.
- In Pearl Ms., Luke Woodham stabbed his mother to death then went to school killing two classmates and injuring several others. He had a journal that showed he and a friend in what he referred to a true beauty beat, burned and tortured his own dog to death.
- Kip Kinkel of Springfield, Or., was 15 when he killed his parents, went to school, walked into the high school cafeteria and open fire. He killed 2 and injured 22. During the investigation they were told stories of his animal abuse and torture, he would brag about blowing up a cow and killing cats, chipmunks, and squirrels by putting lit firecrackers in their mouths.
The similarity between serial killers and culprits behind the shooting rampages wasn't know when I research this issues years ago. It's eerie that one group choose to pick their victims one by one and the other to kill their victims on a shooting spree yet they were a lot alike. Obviously they all had mental disorders that weren't noticed or treated. If for any reason you hear of a young person behaving in this matter the parents should immediately seek out help for their child before it gets to far. If they choose to ignore the situation one day the child will be beyond reach and instead of animals they will turn their rage on humans.