Enlightened Americans - The Things We Can All Agree On
We Can All Agree ...
No matter our political or ideological points of view, there are a number of things we can all agree on:
- No one should die to proliferate insanity and evil.
- Good ideas should be acknowledged and adopted no matter who comes up with them.
- We can turn our backs on poverty, hunger and sickness, until it happens to us.
- Loss is difficult and we're all in some stage of experiencing it.
- Compassion is good when "we" get it, but great when we give it.
- We can disagree, but should not ignore the truth.
- If all you care about is winning, you've already lost.
- God helps those that help themselves, but blesses those that help others.
- Tears are natures way of telling us we're human.
- You can take back the words you say, but not the damage they do.
- Bigotry and hatred only breed more bigotry and hatred.
- If you can't say anything nice, at least be nice when you say it.
- The journey is really all the matters, because the end is just the end.
- He who dies with the most toys and keeps them to himself just dies. But he who shares his toys, lives on even after he dies.
- Taking responsibility for your actions and admitting your mistakes says more about the quality of a person than failing and blaming others.
- Fight for what you believe in as long as you truly believe in what you fight for.