- Politics and Social Issues
Fifteen Differences Between Democrats And Republicans
1. Corporate Power
- Republicans fear that the government has too much control over corporations.
- Democrats fear that corporations have too much control over our government.
2. During Hard Economic Times...
- Democrats believe it benefits all of us to help the weakest and the poorest among us first.
- Republicans believe we must help the wealthiest and most powerful first and hope the wealth trickles down to everyone else.
3. Corporate Responsibility
- Republicans believe large corporations will always do what is best for the American people if the government will just stay out of the way.
- Democrats believe large corporations would disembowel you and sell your organs to the highest bidder if the government isn't there to stop them.
4. The Right to Decent Health Care
- Democrats believe everyone should be entitled to the health care they need regardless of their ability to pay.
- Republicans believe health care is just another commodity to be bought or sold. If you can't afford it, then hurry up and die.
5. Government Spending
- Democrats believe too much of our money goes to crooked corporate executives who take government subsidies and pay themselves $80 million salaries.
- Republicans believe too much of our money goes to teachers who make $30,000 a year
- Democrats believe anything that helps the American people during a recession or a time of crisis is the true essence of patriotism.
- Republicans believe anything that helps the American people during a recession or a time of crisis is the true essence of communism.
7. Environmental Protection
- Democrats believe that we need to set high standards for clean air and drinking water.
- Republicans believe that standards for clean air and water are burdensome over-regulation.
8. Economic Recovery
- Democrats believe the President and Congress need to work together to create jobs during a weak economy.
- Republicans believe that Congress should do nothing to create jobs and then blame the President for slow job creation.
9. Corporate Responsibility
- Democrats believe that corporate polluters should be made to pay for the cleanup of their pollution.
- Republicans believe that making corporations clean up their pollution is burdensome over-regulation.
10. Health Care
- Democrats believe our health care system exists solely for the purpose of making people healthy.
- Republicans believe our health care system exists solely for the purpose of making a healthy profit.
11. Who Should Congress Work For?
- Democrats believe Congress should be of the people, by the people and for the people.
- Republicans believe corporations are the people.
12. Influence Over Congress
- Democrats believe that corporations have too much influence over Congress due to their lobbyists and huge campaign contributions.
- Republicans worry that the middle class has too much influence over Congress due to their voting and paying taxes
13. Corporate Abuse
- Democrats believe we need to protect victims of corporate negligence and abuse by allowing Americans to file lawsuits against corporations.
- Republicans believe we need to protect large corporations from lawsuits by the Americans that they have abused and victimized.
- Democrats believe that the rich should be taxed a little more than the poor and middle class.
- Republicans believe that the rich should not be taxed at all as long as they keep giving millions in campaign contributions to politicians.
15. Money and Politics
- Democrats believe that allowing unlimited amounts of money in politics produces corruption and destroys the American way of life.
- Republicans believe that unlimited money and corruption in politics are the American way of life.
These are just my observations from a lifetime of watching Democratic and Republican politicians.