- Politics and Social Issues»
- Europe Political & Social Issues
Germany Becomes the Second Eurozone Country to Accept Fiscal and Political Union
The Bundestag Seals the Deal Before Hillary Clinton Lands On It
Following on quickly from the precedent for fiscal and political union set by Greece, in its vote to replace private sector debt with Troika debt, the Bundestag follows suit.
Whether they know it or not, the Bundestag has just voted for political and fiscal union with Greece. By ratifying the Greek bond swap, they have agreed to the exchange of Greek indebtedness to private investors for indebtedness to the new Europe. By voting indirectly for the new Europe, they can hardly vote against it in 2013.
One wonders how much the threat of Hillary Clinton landing on them factored into this decision; or whether it was agreed already before she made her speech at the Brookings Institution. Whatever the case, the result is the same.
The IMF has challenged the Greeks to hand over sovereignty before new aid is forthcoming. If the Greeks go back on their word their economy implodes. If they get violent, the Bundeswehr gets enabled to impose a gauleiter on the failed Greek state. .
Neville Chamberlain would be impressed with such political expediency.
- Germany Approves Greek Aid Deal - Business Insider
And an interest rate cut on loans.
- U.S. and Europe: A Revitalized Global Partnership - A Statesman’s Forum with Secretary of State Hill
- Germany has every right to impose a gauleiter on Greece – Telegraph Blogs
I'm sorry, but I cannot agree with the general sense of outrage sparked by calls for an EU bureaucrat - or German gauleiter, as depicted in some quarte
- German court lifts ban on domestic military ops | Atlantic Council