Get Off Your Ass and Save the World!
You are forever linked with the rest of us. Get used to it!
You Can Only Rise to the Level of Your Greatest Fear...
It's easy to feel angered, frightened, or confused when you are continually bombarded with bad news. Like today, for instance. (September 26, 2009) The news channels up and down the the TV spectrum are chatting, if you will, about the three suspects arrested on possible terrorism charges. These guys are from Dallas, Denver, and Springfield, Illinois. Somewhat unlikely places, or so most of us would think. So, with that news comes the dire warnings that bombs can go off anywhere, including small town America. And, to make matters worse, the new breed of terrorist possibilities are homegrown--Anglos, Afros, Euros who don't look anything like the Middle Eastern types you usually associate with anti-American rhetoric. So, be on guard at all times. (What??)
OK, so no Pollyanna-ish drivel here. We live in a world of humans who can do nasty things to each other. It's always been that way. From the first stick over the head by our cave dwelling ancestors (No offense to the "Even a caveman can do it" guys on TV) to the bombs dropped on Japan at the end of WWII, right up to the present moment, we've been showing ourselves to be pretty much like the planetary virus some social scientists think we might be.
It's been said that the optimum amount of humans on the planet that would allow for a continuing balance in nature would be around one to two million--that's MILLION, not billion--people. More than that and we get what we have now. Overpopulation, draining of resources, pollution, global warming, and all the rest of the scary bull pucky that keeps being thrown our way.
No wonder we think all is lost. No wonder we wait for, and in some cases, look forward to, Armageddon. But not me.
Appearances notwithstanding, I know that each of us contains the seed of goodness. Awakening to that reality is the way to change what looks like disaster. How do we awaken? Simple...
- Recognize your own beauty. Original sin is a lie.
- Reclaim your power. You're only weak if you believe it.
- Rewrite your inner script. You wrote the original, or bought into someone else's.
- Reduce your personal carbon footprint. You don't need as much stuff in your life as you think.
- Respond rather than react. Think clearly about your choices, your prejudices, your decisions.
- Release or at least reduce your fears. You will only rise to the level of your greatest fear.
- Regain your courage. Boldness has a certain charm to it, you know.
- Remember that you came here to help the world become its best. This is the secret you've been looking for, by the way.
- Refuse to let the daily news run your life. In fact, turn it off for a week and see if you've really missed anything. What's truly important will find its way into your consciousness.
- Rest in the Silence now and then; refresh your relationship with the Source of All That Is. Meditation is a powerful brain-changer, not just a woo-woo Eastern religious practice.
- Remain upbeat, positive, enthusiastic, and optimistic. Pie in the sky? Hardly. Change your thinking, change your life, and ultimately, change your world.
- Relax. Reboot. Retrain, if necessary. Regroup. Get it?
The best is yet to come. And you are the reason!
Saving the world means changing your mind...
- New Thought Blog--Spirit Feast - Richard Kent Matthews\' Executive High Watch
Fear is not the answer. Love is. Mushy? Hardly. Articles, interesting news releases, meditations, opinions, power links and more. Come breathe the free air! See you there. And don't forget to tell a friend or two or three. Just read for yourself.