Giving Back to Your Community
There will always be people in need in your community and thousands of ways to help them. I love to get involved in various ways and help those in need in my community. Most recently, I helped get some coworkers involved in participating in a peanut butter and jelly drive that St Vincent de Paul was hosting to gain assistance with filling food boxes.
This page is to give ideas on ways you can actively participate and get involved in your own community and hopefully gather friends, family, and coworkers to join in for a good cause! :)
Frequently Requested Items
- Canned Foods (vegetables, fruits, beans, soups, chili, tuna, chicken, turkey)
- Peanut Butter, Jelly, Ketchup, Mustard, & other condiments
- Top Ramen Noodles
- Boxed Foods (Stuffing mix, pasta, Hamburger Helper, Macaroni and Cheese, brownies, cookies, crackers, granola bars, fruit snacks, poptarts, popcorn anything non-perishable)
- Tooth Paste & tooth brushes
- Tampons, pads, liners
- Clothing in good condition (no stains, holes, rips)
- Shoes in good condition
- Shaving cream and razors
- Shampoo, conditioner, body wash/soap
- Bandaids, ointment
- Magazines and books in gently used condition
- School Supplies
- Cars (some organizations take car donations)
- Pet food (Humane Society, No-Kill Animal Shelters)
- Children's clothes, diapers, wipes, bottles, toys
- And much much more
Charities & Organizations
- Overseas Coupon Program
Donate coupons (even expired up to 2 months) to military personnel and families!
- Make-A-Wish Foundation: Ways To Help
They need gift cards.
- Vehicle Donation - American Diabetes Association
Donate your vehicle to us and you may receive a tax deduction.
- SPCA -- Saving Cats & Dogs
Help the SPCA by sending them your CDs and DVDs to sell.
Donate DVD players and DVDs to vets in rehabilitation centers!
- Book Ends - How To Donate Books
Donate books to schools that can no longer afford recreational books due to funding cuts.
- Donate | Bridge of Books Foundation
Donate your books to at-risk and underprivileged children.
- Toy and Food Donation Program
They help to assist families with places to stay while their child is undergoing treatment. They need toys, food, and household items.
Find your local Goodwill to shop or make donations.