Hawaii "Emergency Button"?
Hawaii Pearl Harbor December 7, 1941
Hawaii in 1941and the US on 911 share the same faulty national security intelligence.
Is a faulty national security system in Hawaii this year a prelude to another poor national security caused breach? If you can't tell the real threat from the false one then what good is the national security.
911 was a failure that was caused by not learning the lesson from the Attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941.
The enemy, and the geography are different but the common thread is poor National Defense. There is 60 years between the two failures which means for 60 years they never fixed the problem.
Now, with the faulty switch in Hawaii this year, they are doing the same thing. They disregarded this event and they have once again learned nothing. It is not what the US government knows about national security, but what they don't know that will kill us.
What Has Happened Since Hawaii Push the Button?
The simple answer to that question is Nothing, not a thing was done right after this National Security cockup, and less has been done since then.
Without knowing the truth about this national security flaw, there is the possibility that the next time this alarm goes off many people will discard it as another mistake. That is the tale of the boy who cried wolf, isn't it.
Hawaii False Alert that traumatized the entire state?
No One Cares?
Why isn't there a congressional hearing by either party asking what happened in Hawaii.
- This is worse than the completed successful attack on 911.
This false alarm is on the same level as the information known on 911 and not being acted on by US Intelligence. Was this really a false alarm, was it a simple mistake, or was there something really dangerous about this incident. How do we know if this has been changed to make sure that it doesn't happen again, if we don't really know the truth about what happen this time.
The state of Hawaii owes the people that were in Hawaii on that Saturday a better answer than oops, someone just hit the wrong button at the end of shift. That someone didn't even get fired, and the question is why not? The Hawaiian governor should be doing more that giving a simple apology.Where are the "investigative" reporters for the main stream media?
- Why did it take 38 minutes to reverse what was an "accidental" tripping of the button.
Is the button programmed to say incoming ballistic missile and no other emergencies? Remember that there was no warning on December 7, 1941 when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. A Warning System that is faulty is worse than no system.
Shouldn't congress get involved and go through the rest of the states and their emergency system, and having them coordinated nationally? Is the main stream media too busy that they don't have time to investigate, or at least report what is happening in the Hawaiian and Federal Government over this accidental button push.
The recent button oops in Hawaii
Last Saturday the fiftieth state in the United States had a panic that was like I imagine that occurred on December 7, 1941.
That event was the bombing of the Pacific Fleet anchored in Pearl Harbor in Hawaii. That event was not a Hawaiian caused problem unlike the event last Saturday. That problem was much like that on 911, when the federal government having the information of both of these attackers in their system, but the people at the top either not getting the information or ignoring the information.
Hawaiian National Emergency System FAILS
While the Anti Trump people and even those in congress have said that they worried about Donald Trump having the Nuclear Weapons button, the Hawaiian government pushed the button that panicked the state.
- People were sent the information that there was a ballistic missile on its way and they had to get to shelter immediately.
The Pearl Harbor and 911 incidents had real threats to the people, but ironically they didn't have a real threat last Saturday. This makes it more like the The War of the Worlds American radio drama anthology series It was performed Sunday, October 30, 1938,as a Halloween episode of the series on and aired over the Columbia Broadcasting System radio network.
The comparison here between last Saturday and the 1938 War of the Wars scare is that there was no real threat. And in both cases, there was no emergency plans to cover it. This led people in all four of these situations on their own.
- The Hawaiian Emergency System really had no plan other than to get to shelter. What is shelter against a ballistic missile that is coming to the Island?
- Even if there was an Emergency plan, none seemed to exist.
- Hawaii is a favorite spot for tourists, and how would the tourists know about the Hawaiian Emergency Plan even if one existed.
What is wrong with the Hawaiian Emergency Plan
Instead of what is wrong with the Hawaiian Emergency Plan the question to be asked should be What is Right about this plan.
The two things that are wrong for starters are
- The Button
- No real plan once the button is pushed
- The first thing that is missing is what we have for using the button to launch missiles, especially nuclear missiles.
- You have two people with two keys physically separated so one person cannot turn both keys at the same time.
- And before you get to that stage, the protocol requires authentication.
- That gives the details of why the missiles should be launched.
- Hawaii apparently didn't have this or anything like this.
- The proof is that one person pushed a button.
- It could have also been able to be pushed by someone sitting on it.
The next and more disturbing part of this "accident" is that it took 38 minutes to cancel the Alert.
- In an Emergency System, next after being able to alert the people of the emergency is the ability to undo a false signal.
- 38 minutes was the expected lifetime of those poor dazed people running through the streets thinking they had only seconds to get to "shelter".
- What is shelter for a ballistic missile, and how many people can fit into a sewer hole?
Apparently, there were no public announcements during the emergency, much less some public plan or postings in public places on what to do in such an emergency.
- It would have been nice to have known before hand where the shelters are located.
- You know like the Exits in a large hotel in case of fire.
What should be obvious from this "accident" in Hawaii is that we should not really listen to the Anti Trumpers when they try to foil the plan of the president Trump to protect the United States and its people from Terrorsts, Drug Cartels, Gun Runners, Human Traffickers, and unvetted illegal aliens.
California, Oregon and Washington
These three West Coast States need to learn from the Hawaii accident and not duplicate their failure.
While California is not an island, it is bounded by the Ocean and the Mountains, and more than half of the population of the state is in the southern part of the state.