- Politics and Social Issues
How To Counter Act Rising Gas Prices
Gas Prices are a Hot Topic
Which is The Best Way?
Which is the best way to save on car gas?
Energy Saver Ranking
Fight the Energy Crisis
1. Proper Car Maintenance: There are several things that can be done regularly for car maintenance that can aid in saving gas. These are things like, routine maintenance, that would be done at a tune up by a certified technician. Some of the regular maintenance items on your car are not expensive to maintain but, they may not be things that we remember to take care of these days because, everyone is so busy, with our lives, and we are always going in so many different directions. A couple of easy fixes are to make sure that you change your air filter, oil and oil filter as your car manufacturer suggests. Keeping your oil changed, will help your car run a lot smoother. Another great trick for car maintenance is to make sure that your exhaust is in proper working order along with changing your gas filter. Something else that you may not think about is checking your head lights and tail lights and make sure that everything is working. This could just simply keep you from getting a ticket later. Check your tires from time to time because, they can go flat on you. Take some rubbing alcohol put it on an old cloth and clean the windshield wipers.
2. Keep Your Car Light: I know now that we all would like to be "prepared" for an emergency of any kind depending on where you live. There are a lot of people I know will carry a change of clothes, jumper cables, a first aid kit etc. The truth is we all know that the lighter the car the less gas it will require to keep it running. This doesn't mean that you can not be prepared for that emergency just try to keep what you have in your car to a minimum. I at least like to keep band aids, gauze, tape and scissors in the trunk and other light items that would have not made a difference as far as weighing down the car.
3. Don't Idle The Car: It is best that you do not sit idle for more than five minutes if at all possible. It is easier on your car if you just turn off the car and then restart it. Traffic jams are a perfect example of this. Sitting for hours in your car is not fun, nor is it good for your car. At the same time, you would not want your car to be turned off and on for hours either. The traffic jams are just something that can not be avoided in some states. The only advice I would have would be to get to know all of the back roads that you could. If there is a wreck or construction, you can possibly maneuver around whatever has the road held up.
4. Turn Off Air Conditioner: If you are able to tolerate a little bit of air for any amount of time, turning off the air conditioner will definitely help save money. I try to enjoy the summer by riding with the windows down. The compressor from the air conditioner just drinks the gas up. It sounds minor but, over the course of a few months, it will add up.
5. 4-Cylinder: A 4-cylinder car will get better gas mileage than a six cylinder or an eight cylinder car, for example. These cars as usually compact and are driven by people who do not want to pay to fill up at the pump, so often. Also, if possible do not just sit idle. Turn the automobile off to save gas if your going to be sitting in one spot for a long time.
6. Hybrid: A hybrid is 1/2 an electric car and 1/2 gas car. This car not only cuts down on gas emissions that are put out by a car but, it also cuts down on the amount of gas that you need for the car. These cars are also much better for the environment.
7. Smart Car: A smart car uses no gasoline but, it is very small, doesn't go very fast and doesn't have a back seat. It is a great car if you are someone who has a job as a mail carrier, as a pizza delivery driver, a runner for a lawyer or other types of delivery people, such as a courier, who do not need a larger car or truck for their deliveries. You will save a lot of money.
8. Car Pool: Riding with someone is a great idea if you have the same schedule as your co-worker(s) or maybe you could plan a central meeting place. This would at least save some gas and make the rest of the trip in to work a little bit easier and it would make your commute go by faster. Being a part of a car-pool is a commitment and you want to be able to uphold your part of the deal.
9. Plan Trips Better: A great idea is to try to find the shortest route to the vacation destination (with the most main roads of course), unless you are very familiar with the area. You can look up gas prices for the areas that you are visiting, Another suggestion would be to avoid rush hour traffic in areas you know are going to be
10. Motor Scooter or Bicycle: If you looking for the most cost effective, then it would have to be the motor scooter or bicycle. If I lived close enough, I would contemplate riding my bike to work or definitely a scooter. Just think of how much money you would save if you could just leave the car at home just one day a week.
Many of these ideas are common sense but, sometimes all it takes to save money is doing the simple things.
Car Safety Features
Anti Lock Brakes
Rear View Mirror
Which Uses More?
view quiz statistics
AAA Gas Saving Tips
"How To" Hubs
- How To Patch Blue Jean Holes
This article features information on how to patch up holes in your blue jeans. This is a great alternative to sewing. Pictures, polls, video clips and commentary are listed in this hub.
- How To Open an ebay Store
This article documents the three types of ebay stores and their functions for sellers. Commentary, pictures, videos and other information is listed in this blog. Always sell quality products.
- How To Start and Manage a Vegetable Garden
Starting a garden takes a little hard work but it's well worth it in the end. A tiller should be used before planting seeds. Pictures and videos help illustrate how to grow veggies from seed to food.
- How To Save on Your Power Bill
I hope that you find this hub useful to lower your power bill. There are several tips listed on this hub. Maps, Polls, Commentary, You tube videos are all listed here. Surge protectors, florescent lights and using ceiling fans instead of the air cond
How To Save Cash on Gas
© 2013 Buster Johnson