- Politics and Social Issues»
- Environment & Green Issues
How to Stop Unwanted Junk Mail
Stop Junk Mail From Coming to Your Home
Billions of tons of unwanted direct mail is sent to mailboxes on a daily basis. One of the worst parts is that it isn't even an effective form of advertising! Not only that, but junk mail is mostly thrown away. A small percentage is recycled. The only way to truly reduce your junk mail is to contact the companies that are sending you the junk mail in the first place, and to find out which ones are selling your name to the public. Read on to find some websites and information to help you reduce your junk mail and stop the unwanted mail for good.
Links That Will Help Stop the Junk Mail
- Do-it-yourself: Stop junk mail, email and phone calls
Do it yourself and stop the junk mail today.
- Stop the Junk Mail Monster!
Some Things You Can Do to Reduce Junk Mail
How can you reduce your junk mail? Besides visiting the above listed sites, you can also call the biggest culprits yourself. Often you'll have a few companies that are just bombarding you with junk.
- Call your credit card companies to tell them to stop selling your name.
- Call the companies that are sending the junk mail. If they don't get the hint, return the junk mail to sender.
- Write on all correspondence with companies, like subscriptions to magazines, credit card offers (that you fill out), or donations that you do not want your name sold.
Vote on how much junk mail you're getting...
How much junk mail do you receive a day?
How to Recycle Your Junk Mail
No matter how hard you try, you're eventually going to still get junk mail. How do you recycle it? Simply place it in with the paper recycling items for curbside pickup, or just set it aside and bring it to the local recycling center for your next visit.
More Green Links
- 10 Things to Stop Buying to Go Green
These ten items are things that you should NOT be buying if you're interested in being kinder to the planet!
- 10 Things Restaurants Can Do to Be Greener
Having an eco friendly restaurant not only makes sense for the environment, but makes perfect sense for the financial well being of your restaurant.
- Green Living Tips
Green living tips from my blog featuring ways to reduce, reuse and recycle.
- 50 Things You Can Recycle
Learn how to recycle 50 things in your life and reduce your impact on the environment!