How to stop child pornography on the internet
REPORT A CHILD PORNOGRAPHY WEBSITE
STOP CHILD PORNOGRAPHY
CHILDREN HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE SAFE AND UNHARMED, HELP PROTECT OUR CHILDREN
Wikipedia: Definition of CP
- Wikipedia: Definition of CP
Not sure what constitutes as CP? Read this Wikipedia page. Has information on current events related to CP, legal happenings involving CP, etc.
USA TODAY: Software tracks child porn traffickers online
- USA TODAY: Software tracks child porn traffickers online
An interesting article from USA TODAY about a man who developed software to help catch the sickos looking for CP online.
VICTIM OF CP SHARES STORY WITH CBS NEWS
- VICTIM OF CP SHARES STORY WITH CBS NEWS
THIS COULD HAPPEN TO YOUR CHILD OR A CHILD YOU KNOW. READ IT. STAY INFORMED.
MORE READING MATERIALS
If you come across child pornography on the internet DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT
So, the story is, I was contemplating what I would write my next hub page on. So, I hopped on Dogpile Search Spy, a tool that allows anyone to see what people are searching for on the Internet in real time.
I selected "unfiltered results" and I watched what people were searching for ...for five minutes there were 8-10 searches for Child pornography (which I will refer to as CP). Most of them contained brutally violent and sadistic terms which would rule out any defense that people were searching for CP for a school paper or because they wanted to find out what it is.
I was SO disgusted to see that ANYONE out there would be searching for this type of material, and I BECAME NEAUSATED when i realized that some of these people aren't just looking for naked pictures, they were looking for pictures that show child molestation, abuse, and battery.
Understandably, people who spend their time searching for this, and get pleasure out of such sick and twisted sites, content, and photos have some type of mental illness and need professional help. I have read about child molesters that like to "look" at CP so that they don't act. This rational is, COMPLETE BULLSHIT.
Any person under 18 should not be nude in a photograph ANYWHERE especially online. Never-mind getting abused, beaten, raped and tortured in photos and videos online. And if you come across such content you should not ADMIRE IT, GET TURNED ON BY IT, OR EVEN BE EMBARRASSED AND CLOSE THE WINDOW AND FORGET ABOUT IT. IF YOU COME ACROSS ANY TYPE OF CHILD PORN ON THE INTERNET YOU HAVE TO REPORT IT.
CP on the Internet has been in and out of the court systems. It is a topic that is always heated, but it is true that since this is so widespread on the Internet, its extremely hard to control. Websites and search engines are attempting to use strict search filters and not returning pornographic content. For example... if you Google " child porn" you will come up with results that are educational, news articles, lawsuits, information for victims etc. So, it seems like the search filters are HELPING, but it isn't perfect. For instance, any sicko who wants to get his fix of CP can play around with keywords and eventually he will get what he wants. For example " Preeteen naked pics".
Unfortunately, this disgusting problem is further complicated by social networking sites, forums, online groups, etc where any adult can enter any chat room, or become a "friend" or "fan" of someones page who is under 18. Any adult can pose as a fellow child. We've all seen news stories about adults praying on children online, kidnapping them, molesting them, murdering them, etc. While we all gasp in shock, we don't take the time out to consider what we as INDIVDUALS can do about it. The courts, and popular search engines can only do so much.
Instead of spending your time playing games online, bidding on ebay, chatting with your friends, why not take some time out and make a difference:
- If you come across CP REPORT IT right away with as much detailed information as possible. You can research ways to report CP, or I have included a link to the right of this article...to a site where you can report CP online.
- Seek out CP. I'm not kidding, start mixing up keywords, report everything you find. Once you see the graphic nature of the CP that is out there, I have a hard time thinking you WOULDN'T report it.
-Keep an eye out in online groups or social bookmarking sites for CP. Report them to the site, and report them to a bigger site that will turn over CP reports to the authorities.
- If you come across CP related discussion in a chat room, take down their screen name. Call the police and let them know exactly what was said. Save the chat if you can.
- Educate and protect your children, or any children you know. Enforce tight restrictions on your child's Internet usage. Monitor them, even if you get some backlash and they INSIST nothing bad will happen to them, better safe than sorry.
-If your child is a member of social networking groups, make them give you their screen names and passwords. Keep an eye out for any racy photos they may post, or any older adults on their "friends" list. Read their messages. And no, your child isn't entitled to privacy when they live under your house, under your rules, and are surfing an Internet full of sexual predators.
- Check your history often. Tell your child that if they delete the history or cache, they will be grounded and lose computer privileges.
- Invest in a keystrokes program. Monitor what your child is chatting/writing about online.
- Google your child's name, address, physical characteristic, any known screen names to make sure nothing sketchy is coming up in the search results.
- Keep your computer password protected. Only allow your child on for a certain amount of time per day. Do not let them use the internet late at night.
- Get your childs screen name and passwords for any and all messaging programs and chat rooms.
- Go to counseling to keep communication open with your child. If your child feels like they can't talk to you, chances are, you won't know if they are being preyed on by adults.
- Monitor your childs phone calls.
-Make them give you numbers of any friends houses they visit. Call and check up on them. Drop them off yourself, so that you know they are really going there.
- Have someone check on your child if they stay home alone while you are at work.
- Keep in mind that some sexual predators do NOT hide the fact that they are adults in chats and so forth. They will let your child know they are adults and use tactics like "you can trust me", "you can talk to me", "I'll take care of you", etc, etc.
- Don't take any chances. I know you can "trus" your child, but you never know. if you aren't sure what type of creeps are out there, make up a screen name, something along the effects of "babygirl14" and go into teen chat sites. Dont interact with other people. Sooner or later YOU WILL get approached by an adult. Then you will see exactly what goes on when your children are online.
No adult has any right to molest, beat, harm, violate, batter, etc etc ANY CHILD, children are the next generation, we should admire and value their innocence and do our part to show them the world has good in it. Don't let sexual predators take away a childs innocence and display this cruel reality online for the world to see.