Humanity - The Closing Years
Storm clouds gathering...
Yet so far we simply have not been prepared to accept the revolutionary implications of our own findings, and even when we do we are reluctant to voice such thoughts openly... many are ultimately choosing to censor their own research.”
Kevin Anderson, Tyndall Center for Climate Change Research
Some people are awake and have the sense to see what is just around the corner. Others are still sleeping walking through their days, focused on endless material entertainments, without any inclination of what is to come.
For those who are awake, and have done the reading and study... they know what a burden there is to carry, very soon now. Many scientists and scientific reviews suggest that the writing is on the wall, for our modern society and global economy. They know that nothing will be as it was, as global heating, mass migration and possibly warfare take hold. Continued economic expansion is simply not possible.
The challenges we are facing are truly enormous, and while people continue stumbling along, the storm clouds really are gathering, and the winds of change will be brutal.
This is not made up scaremongering, like a man shouting at the street corner that the end is nigh, this is based on the accumulated reading of economists and scientists.
It won't be 'the end of the world', but it will 100% guaranteed be a massive restructuring of society as we know it today. Large cities will eventually become empty, and our future generations will look upon these old structures in much the same way that we look upon the Pyramids or Roman remains.
True to human nature, we're aware on some deep level of the truth of this and we have explored these themes over and over in film and literature.
And the tipping point is very close now...
The economic wobbles we've been having are only the start of instability, a small foreshadowing. The push of mass migration will really begin to take effect when global warming starts to bite more deeply, changing food production and pushing energy sources to a crisis point.
Likewise, warfare will force countless peope to relocate, as can already be seen in Europe, with the millions coming from Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq, to mention just three countries... What is happening in the Mediterranean sea and in Turkey, Greece, and the connecting countries into the heart of Europe, is just the beginning. The flow of refugees will only increase.
The tipping point will be a combination of economic breakdown, climate instability and warfare, putting the human species in an exceptionally vulnerable position.
The UK palaeontologist Professor Michael Boulter says that humans, like other large mammals, are showing signs of imminent extinction. In fact, large animals are dying out at a much higher rate than models predict, putting the human species itself at high risk as well.
"My theory is that the Earth and life on it needs, from time to time, culls,The last and best known cull was of the dinosaurs 65 million years ago. I reckon from the evidence that we have that there is reason to believe that we humans are interfering with the environment so much that we are making ourselves extinct."
It won't be an extinction, but it will be a great reduction in human population.
This isn't just some made up fantasy - there are groups of people who are cognizant of the current trend on our planet and who believe that it is playing directly into their hands. Note how governments are making preparations and have been for quite a while.
This hub isn't intended to spread fear, but to spell out clearly what will be transpiring soon
Are you making adequate preparations for the coming changes?
Taking risks to escape conflict - only the beginning of a growing trend
There isn't much excuse for willful ignorance, but this is the mode which many still prefer to take. It happens on the basic level of automatic consumption and purchase of goods, to those who profit from our patterns of spending. While it's true that the Earth has always gone through dramatic shifts and changes, it's without question that we've been creating a new trend, with never seen before levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
This inability to act in the face of grave danger, has been repeated itself over and over even at the level of government. A session at the UN in 2001 was described by leading climate scientist Schneider:
'...the good science presented at the session was manipulated until it satisfied all of the national representatives present'
'...the words used to describe the consequences of global heating were blurred until they were acceptable to representatives of oil-producing nations, who saw their national interests threatened by the scientific truth.'
(From his book The Patient from Hell).
The sad truth, is that we haven't moved on much from there, even in 2016.
Top Climate Expert: Crisis is Worse Than We Think & Scientists Are Self-Censoring to Downplay Risk
The truth is that it's now too late to stop the torrents of water flowing out from beneath the Greenland ice sheet. Once melting is established, the flow of water creates its own momentum.
In fact, this melt trend is observed by the National Snow and Ice Data Center, to quote from their current page on http://nsidc.org/greenland-today/:
The 2015 total summer melt extent area (the sum of the area of surface melt for each day for June, July, and August) was the 11th largest in the period 1978 to 2015. While higher than the 37-year average, 2015 was fairly typical for the past decade’s summers in Greenland. Comparing the seasonal progression of the four most recent years, the recent tendency for greater-than-average melt extent is apparent.
It's not hard to imagine the cumulative effect of increased melt from the South and North polar regions.
With warmer oceans, more water will be absorbed into the atmosphere, creating even greater storms.
Sudden shocks and evolutionary leaps
It isn't however all bad news.
While the Darwinian model of evolution fits in many ways, there is one way in which it does not quite fit - it centres around the issue that there are simply insufficient skeletons out there that tell the whole story of human evolution. There are too few connecting dots.
Because we have never witnessed sudden change and adaptation, we fail to comprehend how quickly humans evolve to changed conditions. This is not about slow evolution, this is about sudden adaptation, within a few generations only.
While we are entering a period of intense change for the planet and the human population will be cut by huge numbers, sudden adaptation will be required by those who go through this process. It's happened before and it's about to happen again.
Dr. John Hawks, professor of anthropology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, published an article in 2007 in the peer-reviewed journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) titled “Recent acceleration of human adaptive evolution”.
This article showed that positive selection within human beings has occurred at a rate 100 times higher than any other time in human history, and that this massive acceleration within evolution has happened particularly within the last 5000 years(3).
There are many clues as to the next steps which are possible for mankind. From some scientists that speaks of evolutionary progression through DNA changes, to concepts found in spiritual texts.
This is about a total restructuring of what it means to be a human being, and our relationship to the world - as well as what lies beyond the fragile atmosphere of our planet.
DNA helix - a wonder of creation
Compassion, Cooperation and Selflessness
None of us will be untouched by the changes that are coming our way. While there will be much tragedy, it will also be an opportunity to express the very best of what it means to be a human being. The only way forward will be for humans to help each other, cooperation will mean survival.
As the intensity of change increases, as catastrophic weather patterns take hold due to the warmer oceans and disruptions across all levels of life occur, many people will die - but many others will learn to accommodate in their bodies and consciousness new levels of understanding. We are transforming from Homo Sapiens to Homo Spiritus, with access to modes of energy and thought not easily accessible before.
It's strange how human beings persist in believing that what they see with their eyes, is the only level of reality that exists, forgetting that the waves of light our eyes are capable of perceiving is actually a very narrow band of frequencies.
How to prepare for the coming change
Living in small communities will be key. It won't be long now before our large metropolises will be bad places to live, as energy and food production problems really begin to take hold. Though it's important not to feel panicked with what is on our evolutionary horizon, it's only intelligent to make preparations. There are a few basic guidelines which should help you make wise choices in that regard.
1) Move away from large cities
2) Foster and build community relations
3) Live somewhere not prone to flooding
4) Learn crafts or activities that don't rely so much on what electricity provides.
5) Learn about plants and food production
6) Become better educated over health and emergency care (e.g. how to set a broken bone)
7) Learn the importance of silent reflection to rediscover your senses that have been lost due to modern distractions - people who grow and survive know how to listen.
Entrance to the Svalbard Seed Vault. Insuring against the future?
More points for the doubters
This massive shift in our lifestyles is fast approaching and 100% guaranteed. It isn't a question of if, but of when, and with the conjunction of many world events merging together, we know it's very close.
If your are a doubter, here is some extra reading that'll help convince you that humanity as we know it, is teetering on the edge of the abyss. All of these points can be explored more from the links beneath this section:
- Lost Mississpi delta. The Mississippi River Delta is disappearing at an astonishing rate: A football field of wetlands vanishes into open water almost every hour. Though not all down to sea level increase, this is a huge factor in this currently unfolding problem.
- The Carteret Islands : Thes islands are already submerged and are being abandoned. A human tragedy which is hardly on the news at all.
- Massive reduction in biodiversity i.e. THE EXTINCTION CRISIS. The Earth is now in the middle of its sixth mass extinction of plants and animals — the sixth wave of extinctions in the past half-billion years. We’re currently experiencing the worst spate of species die-offs since the loss of the dinosaurs 65 million years ago. Scientists estimate we’re now losing species at 1,000 to 10,000 times the background rate, with literally dozens going extinct every day.
- Meat production: Globally it is one of the largest sources of greenhouse gases and one of the leading causal factors in the loss of biodiversity, according to the 2006 report Livestock's Long Shadow, released by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations. But we're producing more meat worldwide, not cutting back, which is completely in the wrong direction.
- Magnetic reversal - this is real and happening right now, and is always accompanied with massive change on the globe's surface. The south pole has already left Antarctica and the north pole is moving across the arctic ocean. This means that the Earth’s magnetic poles are getting ready to flip. Magnetic reversals can occur in less than 100 years and lead to extinction events.
- The Svalbard Global Seed Vault: Some of the richest businesses in our society are behind this global seed vault. it seems very unlikely that anybody would spend vasts amount of money to create a seed vault inside the Arctic circle, with every crop from around the world, if there was no threat to our bio diversity and crops. Clearly, scientists and people up top are very worried.
- The London Thames barrier. The London Thames barrier will not be sufficient to keep the water levels down. This is just a fact, which is why the government is behind a plan to increase its height by 2070, which is scheduled in the Thames Estuary 2100 (TE2100) policy paper. However, considering the increase in sea levels, and water run off from all the land that feed into the Thames, there's currently no way of knowing that the proposed height of the barrier for 2070 will be sufficient.
These are just a very few indicators that tell us plain as day, that we're reaching a tipping point, where within a few decades, our lives will be turned completely upside down. There are many, many more, such as continued deforestation of the planet on an unprecedented scale...
To read more, these are some of the sources
- Carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere increased more in past 12 months than at any time in the pas
CO2 data is 'wake-up call' for Paris climate deal
- The Doomsday Clock
The Doomsday Clock is a symbolic clock face, representing a countdown to possible global catastrophe (e.g. nuclear war or climate change). It has been maintained since 1947. It is currently set at 3 minutes to midnight,
- 12th March 2016: Europe's rarest seabird 'faces extinction' - BBC News
The Balearic sheerwater will be extinct within 60 years, according to a new analysis.
- Magnetic Reversal - Official Data, All in One Place
The south pole has already left antarctica and the north pole is racing across the arctic ocean.
- Peak Meat Production Strains Land and Water Resources | Worldwatch Institute
New Worldwatch analysis examines global trends in meat production, prices, and practices
- Environmental impact of meat production - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Extinction Crisis
It’s frightening but true: Our planet is now in the midst of its sixth mass extinction of plants and animals — the sixth wave of extinctions in the past half-billion years. We’re currently experiencing the worst spate of species die-offs since the lo
- What Went Wrong? | Restore the Mississippi River Delta
Over the past 80 years, the state of Louisiana has lost roughly 1900 square miles of coastal wetlands, mostly from the Mississippi River Delta.
- Global Warming: the first Pacific Islands submerged
The Carteret Islands, a group of small islands that are part of Papua New-Guinea, are disappearing under the ocean. Due to global warming, the sea level is rising constantly, and is submerging th...
- Thames Estuary 2100 (TE2100) - Publications - GOV.UK
How the Environment Agency is planning to manage tidal flood risk in the Thames estuary until the year 2100.
This is the first century in the world's history when the biggest threat is from humanity - Lord Rees, Astronomer Royal
Though we are entering the closing chapter for our modern society and many of our creature comforts won't be available as they were before, we will be able to live in an entirely different way, if we are able and willing to ride the rough wave of change. These will be extremely divisive times, that in future will become the myths and stories of the past, just as today different cultures around the world have myths about 'the flood'. It really is this scale of things which we're dealing with.
Catastrophic weather patterns which will rewrite the human story.
Those 'up there' in power know about it, have even given us ample clues and indicators as to what is to come; but while these rich elitists see themselves as inheritors of the Earth, the fact is that they too will not be able to survive these changes, unless they are able to adapt on an inner and fundamental level.
Are we ready?
The Doomsday clock is close to Midnight
The Doomsday Clock is a symbolic clock, representing a countdown to potential global catastrophe (such as from nuclear war or climate change). It has been maintained since 1947 by the members of the Science and Security Board of the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, who are advised by the Governing Board and the Board of Sponsors, including 18 Nobel Laureates. The closer they set the Clock to midnight, the closer the scientists believe the world is to global disaster.
The most recent officially announced setting—three minutes to midnight (23:57)—was made in January 2015 due to "[un]checked climate change, global nuclear weapons modernizations, and outsized nuclear weapons arsenals". This setting was retained in January 2016.
See links for more information.
Doomsday Clock set at 3 minutes to midnight, which is shown by the baseline.
© 2016 Electro-Denizen