- Politics and Social Issues
Pat Robinson on Haiti's Pact With the Devil - How I See it
Pat Robinson, is a bigoted old man, very much set it his way of thinking. After decades on Christian television, he is no longer held him in the high esteem he held in the past.
It is amazing how many Christians believe as Pat Robinson, of the 700 Club believes; that Haiti is cursed for the actions of their forefathers and this is the reason for a string of bad luck she has experience down through the years. This is one of the long lines of bizarre comments he has made over the years.
Haiti was the first post-colonial, black lead nation, that won independence, from the French, by a slave revolt. My personal belief is, that is was probably a rumor spread through oral tradition; but very far from the truth.
If we would examine our own history, I believe we will find many things, that could cause God to turn away from us. The United States of America has not had a stellar reputation, in human rights, fairness, religion, honest government and many other areas.
To those who believe that Haiti is cursed because of the sins of her forefathers, then I say to you, "if Haiti is cursed, then so is America."
Is America cursed?
How often do you hear someone say, America is a blessed nation because we believe in God? The demons believe in God and tremble. It is not enough to believe in God, but to live, embody and to walk out His law and precepts.
I believe that America is so much more offensive to God because of the claim, "one nation under God," You can turn on the TV anytime and hear religious messages are preached on TV, Radio, and Internet, yet is live as though God is dead.
Christian don't love one another, so how can they love anyone else. War is the norm, yet people are starving, homeless and left to die, yet Pat Robinson feels he has the right to Judge Haiti.
History of Haiti's Poverty
Why should God be displeased with the United States:
- Our government is doing business with ungodly nations, now in bondage to China for billions
- We go to other nations and murder their innocent, in the name of democracy
- Our government allowed thousands to drown, because they were black and poor
- Legislators have passed laws, that allow the murders million of unborn children each year, in the name of the right to choose
- Our legislators have passed laws, that allows young girls to get abortions with their parents knowledge
- Pornography is our number one gross national product
- American laws and courts systematic rape and murder of children being allowed, by not putting strong laws in place to protect our children. The average sentence for a sex crime against a child is 3 years!
- Our political leaders don't serve God, but serve money; selling this nation to the highest bidder that they might become rich.
- Those who make our laws and govern this nation, live ungodly lives themselves.
Moments after the Haitian Earthquake
America has a shameful history of oppressing and persecuting persons of color and foreign origin:
- American Indians: hunted to near distinction; still living in desolation and poverty
- Africans: The first African slaves arrives in Virginia in 1619 ( lasted over 400 years)
- Chinese: Helped build the railroad, but mistreated, harassed, hated
- Irish: Hated as immigrants, characterized as drunks and lazy
- Jews: Persecuted since their appearance in the 1800's, forbidden membership in gentile clubs, job
- Catholics: Mistrusted and persecuted because they worshiped differently
- Condoned the practice of slavery
- 15 US president were Freemasons
- Hunted Indians into extinction, displace and stole their land
- America dropped the atomic bomb on Hiroshima
- During WWII, over 120,000 Japanese Americans, had their homes and property taken and were forcible imprisoned in War Relocation Camps
- Banned prayer school prayer, etc.
- History of Racism and horrendous acts against blacks
- The United States Constitution itself, did not Condemnation Slavery
My final thoughts are, Pat Robinson, should not worry about why another country has suffered so many hardships, or whether or not they are cursed.
Robinson needs to examine this nation, and its crimes against humanity down through the ages and ask himself.
Why is American cursed? Why is she doomed to fail, unless she rid herself of self-righteousness, greed, racism, bigotry and criminal acts of war against other nations?
Having In ‘God We Trust' is a slogan not a declaration of the lifestyle for this country. To those who feel Haiti is cursed, I say, America is the one who needs to repent or we will become a broken and impoverished third world nation as well!"