Is There a Message Hidden in Something that Intrigues?
The alarm clock, as usual, woke us up. Another day to face the realities of everydayness. The day started sunny, well suited for working on tasks postponed for various reasons. As we prepared to begin the work, the sun was hiding behind rain clouds. The sun changed its face to a dark, overwhelming and cloudy day. The birds sought refuge and instead began the singing of thunder and lightning.
The night before, I heard several radio worldwide news; and other news from my eldest son who keeps me updated with current events, both causing in me a deep intrigue. I decided to accompany the coffee by buying a newspaper to read the details as plans would be postponed once again.
God speaks in many ways. Our Creator sends smoke signals to let us know His message, if necessary. Before going to bed I tripped on the Internet with a picture of a woman in Africa. Tired of surfing the net, I also saw briefly a photo of Princess Diana (RIP), which left me with a thirst for knowledge on the subject.
The Newspaper of one day which will be the same any other day
Today I bought a newspaper. I stopped buying it because of the access to interesting news in the Internet. I do not usually buy the newspaper also because:
- not to have ink stains on my hands
- not to activate the allergy that produces from the smell of paper
- not to see political fake smiles and denied promises
- not to feel obliged to unnecessary sales
- not to eyewitness social corruption accepted as good
- etc. etc. Etc...
News to start the day
The first page of the newspaper contained news of the schematic Social Security fraud,
among political advertisements and other pages filling the newspaper. Politics and politicians offering and denying the opposite party offerings.
Let me share what the news contains as I go forward through the newspaper pages.
- The country is economically broke ... I wonder where will the over half million be found to remove the amount of asbestos found in the University of Puerto Rico (UPR).
- The new models of health, to cover approximately 300,000 people in the country, does not have a reliable system.
- The Archbishop Roberto Gonzalez Nieves is charged and found guilty against the use of the pulpit to carry political messages, to establish the so-called Altar of the Fatherland in the Cathedral of San Juan, covering up pedophile priests, overstepping his mandate, and selling Catholic schools without permission.
- The investigation of the collapse in Villa Spain, Bayamon, Puerto Rico from August 20, 2013 concluded that the geological risks are not taken into account when constructing. Note that two years ago the same cliff had collapsed and no action was taken.
Like a needle in haystack
A positive news today is read to begin the day. State farms that have a total of 292 acres were provided to 17 farmers committed to growing crops and raising livestock for the economic development of Puerto Rico.
News, news and more news
As pages pass without reaching half of the newspaper, in my throat pain increases by controlling the immense desire of mourning. Mourn for the wave of national and international criminality. Mourn for absurd news and stories of protected discrimination, human rights abuse, and disorder all over.
- Chemical attack takes priority, by not knowing from where it came than the fact of the hundreds of dead people.
- The revocation of the life sentence against former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, charged for not stopping the killing of over 900 protesters in the uprising of 2011.
- The sentence of 35 years in prison to the U.S. soldier Bradley Manning for leaking secret military and diplomatic information.
Unbelievable chemical attack
Subsequent pages ...
Fashion, actors, commercials, advertising, sports fill half of the subsequent newspaper pages, as if it helped dull the misfortune of others. As a call to set a mask of artificial pleasures and vanity. As a measure to not analyze and not to take care of our world.
Subsequent pages collected a series of articles for our outer beauty and a short article with a call for optimism. My hands are not only smeared with ink but with the smell of sin.
Again the face of the African woman overwhelmed my soul. And the news of Princess Diana led me to read about her life ... life invaded by paparazzi and people who did not respect her right to be.
I call upon you to meditate on the face of this African woman.
Can you perceive her feeling?
I appeal to you to meditate in the sadness reflected beyond her beauty and wealth.
Can you understand her sadness?
I saw the smoke message ... and the cry and scream of humans confused and drowned by evil.
Our happiness and peace can not be entrenched by outside factors, nor can we live fleeing the evil atrocities taking place so fast these days. We are part of this world and we need to protect our children.
We must cultivate hope for today; there may not be a tomorrow, as the 21-year-old killed by running toward the highway while arguing. It is today that we must stop the evil. It may not be a tomorrow like for the child choked to death by his own mother.
Please, do not let moral values and human rights into the hands of disloyal persons, hypocrites and criminals.
Get your news here
Below you will find a list of some national on-line news. Read some stories, get information of some news from different providers. Listen to the radio, talk with others about current events, read different newspapers and on-line news; than, internalize that information.
You will see the world differently!
We have to have our eyes wide open. We have to crush down the four walls of our understanding and put ourselves in the place of others. We need to start searching, understanding and reaching to share love.
Search smoke signals around, they are everywhere...and try to be part of a solution.
A Better World
What will you do to for a better world?
And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?"
"Here am I, send me," I replied.
Blessings to all!
© Maria Magdalena Ruiz O'Farrill
© 2013 Maria Magdalena Ruiz O'Farrill