- Politics and Social Issues»
I Think It's Time to Let It Go!
Let It Go!!
Let it Go, Let it Go!
What have you been holding onto that you knew you should have let go of some time ago? Is it a toxic/abusive marriage? Is it an addiction? Is it a job that is not utilizing your gifts, talents and passions?
We have this habit of holding onto people, things, habits, hurts, and many more items a lot longer than we need to. Imagine holding onto something for so long that it was hindering you from realizing your purpose in this life. Imagine if you let go of what you were holding onto, and after you stepped out on faith, your whole world began to open and everything you dreamed of was beginning to unfold right in front of your eyes and you could not stop it. We as divine men/women do not know the power we hold within each of us to create. We don’t realize this and what is happening is we are creating things in our lives we do not want or need, but when we want to discard them from our lives we are not sure how to achieve this task. What we think, speak, imagine or dream is what comes into our lives whether we want it to or not. There are so many motivational speakers who teach on the importance of positive thinking, because a negative mind does no one any good. We don’t need to look for heaven because heaven is right here, but instead of living in heaven we have created our hell. We created fear, chaos, bondage, and everything else we are experiencing because of our negative thinking.
Your A Creator
Be The Change
The past is the past, we cannot continue to dwell on what we could have, would have, or should have done. The past and the experiences we have had, are meant to prepare us for our purpose and we are to learn from them. Your past is what makes you the person you are today and those experiences can make you bitter or better and they can make you or break you. We have two choices:
1) We can choose to let our experiences make us better and let it make us into the masterpiece we were created to be. Which allows us to live out our purpose and our dreams, which becomes our heaven on earth
2) We can choose to let our experiences make us bitter and let it break us and therefore we go around trying to break other people. We are bitter and fearful and the opposite of love is fear and we are allowing our fear to hurt those we fear will hurt us. We really want to love, but we have this fear from our previous experiences.
Most if not all humanity has come from a dysfunctional family and these relationships have been our greatest teachers and they have an impact on our future relationships. Many of us have not received the proper healing from these dysfunctional relationships and we carry these with us into our personal and professional relationships with others. What happens when we do this? We carry all this past hurt, negativity and fear along with us. This happens because many of us instead of choosing choice number 1, we choose number 2. When we all decide to choose number 1 over number 2, is when we will see the change we desire in this world. We are at war with each other because of religion, we are war with each other because of race, we are at war with each other because of politics and anything else causing separation among us. We are at war with each other because of our differences which is what makes each of us unique individuals. This will keep us at war, because we fear what we don’t understand.
Change Begins With You
Be The Change You Seek
How do we begin this change?
1) Love yourself! The only reason we try to define others or do not understand others is because we have no understanding or definition of ourselves. We lost who we were so long ago, and when we don’t know or understand something or someone, we immediately want to define it, and this creates the need for power and control. When we love ourselves for all we are and all we are not, we love others the same. It’s when we don’t’ recognize our own flaws that we try to change someone else. Matthew 7:3-5 (NKJV) says: And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
2) Letting go of our need to have power, or our need to control things we have no control over. We murmur and complain about things we have no control over which makes us lose our peace and the opposite of peace is chaos. Once we let go of our need to have power or control over another individual or our situations and we begin controlling our own emotions, reactions, habits and everything else within us which we have the power to control. We will see all religion has some truth and they all lead to one purpose, a close relationship with our divine creator/universe/mother earth/God/Jesus/mother Mary or whatever you identify with.
There Is A Blessing In Letting Go
You Inspire Change
When we stop warring over religion, politics, race, culture, gender, sex and everything else, we will live in our heaven on earth. Maybe once our individual religions lose their need for power and control and their need to be the only one right, it will affect our politics and race relations. The definition of control is: the power to influence or direct people's behavior or the course of events. The synonyms are government, sovereignty, jurisdiction and leadership. We have abused our power to inspire and lead with the need for power and control. We are wondering why it seems like the world is in chaos, it’s because we are holding on tight to ever issue instead of letting it go. We are holding on to relationships, habits, traditions, addictions, hurts, wrong jobs and wrong mindsets and these things are hindering our growth. We live on a planet that is constantly evolving and growing, so we must grow and these things many times hold us back. They become obstacles which were meant for our growth, but we are holding onto them for dear life because we are afraid of change.
Nothing is changing because we as individuals are not evolving, we are stopping the natural energy and flow of the earth by refusing to give up power and control. We may be creators, but the creator is the only one in total control and when we stop fighting the flow and go with the flow our entire lives change. When we let things go, the blessings flow and we are stopping the natural flow, by not letting things go. Maybe when we as individuals start letting things go then our world will change.
Be An Example
© 2016 Ayonna Suttles