- Politics and Social Issues»
- Social Issues
Area 51: List of conspiracy theories and UFO myths
11 CONSPIRACY THEORIES AROUND AREA 51
Area 51 is situated in the southwestern portion of Lincoln County in southern Nevada in the western United States. A large military airfield is situated at its center. This center is known as the most secretive places in the world. Although, the base's primary purpose as explained by the authorities is to support development and testing of experimental aircraft and weapons systems, there are thousands of people who do not believe this story.
The intense secrecy surrounding the base, the very existence of which the US Government barely acknowledges, together with reports of unusual phenomena has led it to become the frequent subject of conspiracy theories and UFO folklore. There are many stories circulating around on Area 51 - most of them are about UFOs and aliens. I have tried to compile some of the unconventional activities claimed to be underway at Area 51. I have also included some supposed proofs in favor of these claims. Let me know if I have left some other ideas out of this hub.
11 FAMOUS AREA 51 FOLKLORE
1. Alien spacecraft storage: Storage, examination, and reverse engineering of crashed alien spacecraft
2. Study of aliens: Examination of dead aliens that came in UFOs and interrogation of living aliens
3. Manufacture of aircraft based on alien technology
4. Meetings or joint undertakings with extraterrestrials
5. Energy weapons: Development of exotic energy weapons said to be many times deadlier
6. Weather control: Established means of weather control or experiments undergoing over it
7. Time travel: Establishedmeans of time travel ordevelopment of time travel technology
8. Aurora aircraft: Development of unusual and exotic propulsion systems related to the Aurora Aircraft Program (a cutting age spy plane)
9. Politics and secret society: Activities related to a supposed shadowy one world government and/or the Majestic Twelve organization (A secret committee of scientists, military leaders, and government officials, supposedly formed in 1947 by an executive order of U.S. President Harry S. Truman to investigate UFO activity)
10. Simulation of moon's environment: In 2000-2001, Fox Television broadcast a show about Apollo moon landing hoax accusations, in which it was suggested that the entire moon landing in 1969 was a hoax and was filmed in parts of Area 51
11. Misdirection attempt: During the mid 1990s, the most secret work previously done in Area 51 was quietly moved to other facilities and the continued secrecy around is largely a successful attempt at misdirection
"PROOFS" SUPPORTING THESE CLAIMS
1. In 1989, Bob Lazar claimed that he had worked at a facility at Papoose Lake (which he called S-4) on such a U.S. Government flying saucer
2. The 1996 documentary Dreamland directed by Bruce Burgess included an interview with a 71 year old mechanical engineer who claimed to be a former employee at Area 51 during the 1950s, working on a "flying disc simulator" built to train US Pilots, based on a disc originating from a crashed extraterrestrial craft. During his career at Area 51 he claimed to have worked with an extraterrestrial being whose name was "J-Rod", described as a telepathic translator
3. Dan Burisch (real name, Dan Crain) claims to have worked on cloning alien viruses at Area 51, also with the alien "J-Rod"
4. In July 1996, a man named "Victor" announced on Art Bell's Coast to Coast AM radio show that he had a videotape of an alien interrogation which had taken place in Area 51. He claimed that he had made a copy of the tape during a scheduled transfer of analogue videotape files on the base into digital form, and had then smuggled the copy out of Area 51. The video appears to show the head of an alien creature in a dark interrogation room, allegedly using telepathy to communicate with military personnel and scientists. The footage was eventually included in a video documentary entitled Area 51: The Alien Interview