- Politics and Social Issues»
- North America Political & Social Issues
Michelle Obama and her offer of help to the Trumps
If one looks back on 2016 as 2017 looms large with what ever that year has in store for us in our lives individually or in greater society this American Presidential election has been full of bile. The vicious and vile attacks by the Trump and Clinton camps against each other for example comparing Trump to Hitler or Mussolini or saying Clinton is a figure of the establishment, does not understand ordinary people and is a criminal to boot will live long in the memory of the USA and other nations abroad.
On the campaign the Obama's spoke and went on the offensive for the Hillary Clinton campaign and launched either direct or veiled attacks on the Trump campaign. The Clinton supporting news outlets, comedians and even Republicans whose party Trump was standing for launched everything they could at Trump but nothing would stick. The American people spoke and we now find ourselves facing a Trump Presidency after January 20 2017 and where the USA and the world go in the era of Trump the 45th President of the USA time will tell.
Certainly the allegations of the Russians hacking the Democrats which in turn may have led to Trump's victory has made many Americans regardless of political belief and the Democrats very angry. In an interview Barack Obama said he had told Vladimir Putin to "Cut out" the hacking and said the US would strike back but at a time of America's choosing and seeing as time for Obama is limited in the White House now he had better get around to doing that.
Back to wife Michelle she said now the dust had settled she was ready to help and ease the Trumps into the White House. What she mean't by that was helping Donald Trump into his job as President and Melania into her job as First Lady just as President Bush and his wife had been there for the Obama's in their job as President and First Lady.
Michelle Obama rounded off by saying that regardless of political difference it was important to show support for Trump and his wife. To guide and help them in their jobs as President and First Lady because the theory is if they are successful so would the USA be successful.
Michelle Obama took James Corden for a ride around the White House grounds
Short bio of the First Lady
1) Born Michelle LaVaughn Robinson on Jan 17 1964
2) Was born on the south side of Chicago
3) When not being First Lady her other job is that of a Lawyer
4) She is a graduate of Princeton University and Harvard Law School
5) Married Barack Obama in 1992 and they have two daughters
6) She helped her husband in his bid to run for President
7) Is the first African - American First Lady
8) Like Barack in her ancestry she has European - American blood
9) Since being in the White House as First Lady she has become something of a fashion icon
10) Is involved in many charities especially one to help girls get educated all around the world
11) Has an account with INSTAGRAM
Short bio of Melania Trump
1) Born in Slovenia in 1970 or Yugoslavia as it was then
2) Will be first foreign born First Lady
3) Has been a successful model appearing on magazine covers of Vogue and Harper's Bazaar
4) She is a philanthropist and is a good will ambassador for the Red Cross and according to her website is a member of the Philadelphia Police Athletic League
5) Melania is said to love the limelight
6) Melania is not afraid to tell Donald Trump exactly what she thinks
7) The internet nearly crashed as images appeared of her and Michelle Obama meeting at the White House
8) Has been accused of copying Michelle Obama's speeches
9) Has been subjected to rude and sexist posters where she appeared naked
10) Met Donald Trump at a party and Trump is supposed to have commented "Whose that" and there is a 24 year age gap between them