Mueller's Potential Obstruction Charges Against President Trump Are Not Supported By Evidence [F2 357]
Today is Friday May 31, 2019.
The following is a blog from Dr. Mark Bear who is a political analyst, journalist and doctor of psychology that he wrote for MADMIKESAMERICA.
He lists 5 of the Mueller contentions of Trump Obstruct today, and he says he will add the rest over the weekend.
What I am going to do is respond to Bear’s opinion and give my own. Bears piece starts out with a biased conclusion, so we know what is his opinion already.
“While Trump continues blurting out, “no collusion; no obstruction,” to all who will listen, the evidence simply does not square with his words. First, let me address the no collusion claim:”
Mueller and his Volume II Obstruction
Let us see what he thinks is evidence of collusion and obstruction.
Robert Mueller, Special Counsel assigned to look into Russian meddling in our 2016 presidential election, and his team did not investigate the colloquial term of “collusion,” but did use the high bar of conspiracy.
- B: This is interesting because Collusion on US 18 doesn’t exist as a crime. Mueller failed on the “high” bar of Conspiracy as well as collusion. He just failed and he had to exonerate president Trump.
- Just as a preview to my opinion, if Mueller couldn’t find the crime of conspiracy or even the non crime of collusion then why should there be any finding of obstruction? It is clear that the investigation into conspiracy went the full course without any obstruction. In fact, the Mueller investigation should have been concluded last summer. There is no evidence obtained by the investigation past the summer. And why did it go five months past the 2018 election? This was not to find any evidence as none was added to the Collusion, Conspiracy investigation, and certainly none for obstruction.
- I submit that the only reason to extend the investigation into the 2018 mid term election was to provide a political advantage for the democrats. They used the Kavanaugh hearing as well when senator Feinstein waited until the committee was going to vote on Kavanaugh to bring in the 37 year old allegations by Ford that Kavanaugh sexually abused her. When they interviewed both Ford and Kavanaugh as well as several other Joanie come lately accusations they came up empty. But they wanted another investigation of Kavanaugh by the FBI. The whined and had tantrums and finally got it. But once again, Kavanaugh came up clean.
- The democrats didn’t like that so when Kavaugh was made a Justice of the Supreme Court they made is a political issue. They claimed and treated Kavanaugh as if he had been indicted, went to trial and he was found guilty of sexually abuse Ford. With the 2018 midterm election so close and the cloud of the continuing Mueller investigation the democrats had built themselves a pretty good political advantage, and it paid off by getting them back in control of the House.
Why? Because if one took the time to read the report there were hundreds of contacts between officials from the Russian government and the Trump Team.
- Why is Bear talking about Collusion and Conspiracy when Mueller totally exonerated president Trump on it?
However, as Mueller provides his choice of either charging Trump or providing a pathway for others to investigate this matter more thoroughly, Mr. Mueller states in the report:
- Now we have to be talking about charges of obstruction, but Bear doesn’t make that clear in the way he phrases his opinion.
“But the evidence does indicate that a thorough FBI investigation would uncover facts about the campaign and the President personally that the President could have understood to be crimes or that would give rise to personal or political concerns” (All emphasis mine, Volume II, page 76).
- You can look at Bear’s reference to page 76, but it is more like circumstantial evidence and something that wouldn’t be the kind that gets an indictment.
- Was there or wasn’t there a thorough FBI investigation after 3 years why wouldn’t there have already been a thorough investigation. The FBI did a thorough investigation of Kavanaugh over decades, and then more when he had his congressional hearing. This is not about facts, it is about weaving a story that there were facts, but they didn’t find them yet. How solid is that, especially when you compare what the FBI did for the Hillary Clinton email investigation. If you comment about it, I will tell you. But for now, let us not get distracted.
- Crimes, personal and political concerns, what does he mean? It isn’t found in the Mueller report as evidence. It was in the context of conjecture and supposition.
And what to make of the ten instances where the Special Counsel clearly outlined areas where Trump potentially obstructed justice?
- “Potentially” is not a word denoting a fact, but more of Bear’s wish.
- Let me focus for a moment on his word of justice. What is justice? In this case, justice would have been served if the investigation clearly found solid and factual evidence that president Trump did conspire with Russia. The kind that could provide an indictment, and a finding of guilty after a trial.
- But what kind of justice is there when the reason for the investigation in this case collusion or conspiring with Russia to influence the election. None of these elements were found in the investigation.
- Trump was totally exonerated by Mueller in his investigation. There were no convictions of Russians. Yes, Mueller indicted 13 Russians but they haven’t been to trial, and they pleaded not guilty. Until they have gone to trial and have been found guilty in a court of law, all we have is the Mueller opinion. An opinion that was shared by the Grand Jury but that doesn’t bowed as a conviction. It shows how convincing the prosecutors are when making their case to the Grand Jury.
- With the indictments against the Russians, the Acting AG Rod Rosenstein said there was no influence in the election, there were no Americans involved with them.
- That alone would have been proof to find that the conspiracy crime was not valid. Conspiracy required the Trump with Russia and Rosenstein said no Americans. He also said that the election was not influenced and that is the rest of the charge against Trump that failed.
- Yes Bear is focusing on 10 possible obstruction charges against president Trump and calling that Justice. The exoneration of president Trump in the Russian Conspiracy investigation tells us there was no crime, and the investigation went further than the Hillary Clinton investigation so how was it obstructed? If there were elements of obstruction there was no need for investigation. The procedure would be to follow FBI official protocol and file it as obstruction. For example, when president Trump talked with Comey about the Flynn case, it was either obstruction on its face. In which case, Comey should have filed an official FBI record and sent it to the DOJ. He didn’t do that as that conversation with the president, was only recorded by Comey as a memorandum. And he released it to the press and only after he was fired.
In the event you have not read the report, I am glad to tell you I have, and what I see is a Special Counsel operating under the rules of the Department of Justice that one cannot indict a sitting President. So, what are those areas of potential obstruction? I will list five today, and the rest this weekend.
- I read the report and even did an over 8,000 word article on it. Dr Bear’s opinion is just that and it is biased against the president.
- Again Bear uses “potential” obstruction.
- The reason that can’t indict is primarily due to their lack of evidence that is not prefaced as potential. They didn’t have evidence that could beat their burden of proving Obstruction beyond a reasonable doubt. This is the basic criteria of US criminal law.
- What Mueller did by writing his Volume II on obstruction doesn’t serve justice. It just further impacts president Trump from doing his job. It also works as a political advantage for the democrats. That is not the definition of justice. And neither was it the definition when Hillary Clinton was let off by FBI director James Comey who changed the investigation report on the charge of USC 18, 793f.
- In the next part of this article, I will go over Bear’s list of the first five potential obstruction.
Do you believe that James Comey upheld his FBI oath when he investigated Hillary Clinton
- 0% Yes. and I am a democrat
- 0% Yes, and I am not a democrat
- 0% No. and I am a democrat
- 100% No, and I am not a democrat
4 people have voted in this poll.
Robert Mueller, James Comey and Rod Rosenstein are worth investigating.
- Robert Mueller wouldn't have been named special counsel without Comey
- Comey was a giant like in Jack and the Beanstalk
Let us approach the Mueller Investigation from just before the beginning.
James Comey was fired on the recommendation from Department of Justice Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein from his position as FBI director on May 9, 2017.
- James Comey was the 7th FBI director and Trump fired him on the recommendation from the Attorney General and Deputy Attorney General.
Why was Comey Fired?
The democrats wanted him fired when Barack Obama was president
Comey had been criticized in 2016 for his handling of the investigation of the Hillary Clinton email controversy. The democrats loved Comey closing the FBI Hillary email investigation early in 2016. Then the democrats hated Comey when shortly before the 2016 presidential election he reopened the Hillary Clinton email investigation.
The FBI in New York found thousands of Hillary Clinton emails from her private unsecured email server she kept in her private house on Anthony Wieners computer. Anthony Wiener shared this computer with his wife Huma Abedin who is Hillary Clinton’s top aide. Now doesn’t it sound suspicious that these two well to do people had to share a computer. Why share any computer, especially this computer where Wiener had pornographic photos?
The FBI NY office brought this information in the public eye. Comey then had to deal with it even though it was just two weeks till the election. He was forced to reopen the Hillary Clinton’s handling of classified information that months ago he closed without charging her. While democrats and Hillary’s team were furious in hindsight Comey was once again protecting her because he would quickly closed the Wiener emails.
Tens of thousands of emails belonging to Ms. Abedin were on Mr. Weiner’s laptop, which the F.B.I. had obtained as part of its investigation into Mr. Weiner. These emails were known by the FBI in NY a month before Comey reopened the case. The fact that these emails were known to exist a month before, it is clear that Comey knew about it when it first came to light. What isn’t clear is why Comey didn’t reopen the investigation when he first learned of it. And if you say, that he didn’t know about it, then he wasn’t doing his job. These new emails found on Wiener – Huma’s shared computer should have been a top alert as it involved Hillary, and her top aide the key parties to the Comey closed investigation. And these emails were not known when he closed the case, so he should have been notified by the NY office of those new emails. As the FBI director he is deemed to know about them whether he did or didn’t have knowledge of them.
The fact that he could clean up those new emails in such a short time compared with how long Mueller kept his investigation alive is very suspicious.
Before we go to part 2 of this article, here are some things to consider.
Part 2 will be in a followup article. But the following information should be considered a preface for my answer to many of Bear's opinions.
People that work for the president of the United States serve at the president's pleasure.
A president doesn't need a real reason to fire his people but, the way that Comey handled the Hillary Clinton investigation was pathetic. The democrats only had a problem with Comey and reopening her investigation before the election and wanted him fired, then when he was fired by president Trump, the democrats then started with attacking president Trump and saying he fired Comey to obstruct the investigation of him. Although, Comey publically said that Trump wasn't being investigated. And the Mike Flynn investigation didn't stop when Comey got fired.
Then Hillary and the democrats would then use this as another reason why Trump won the election. They want to make Trump retroactively responsible for Hillary losing the race which happened when Obama was president and not when Trump was even president elect.
When president Trump fired Comey on May 9, 2017 this became the democrats reason for the Russian Trump interference in the 2016 presidential election as it related to a Possible Collusion with the 2016 Donald Trump campaign and to get a special counsel.
Let us look at this more closely. The words say Russian interference with the election but the real reason is to implicate the winner of the presidential election Donald Trump. For the past three years none of the five investigations on the Russians came up with anything that influenced the election. And if there was any influence in the election, why didn’t they consider Hillary Clinton’s winning the popular vote by more than 3 million votes an influence.
When Donald Trump mentioned that he was worried about the election being rigged, president Obama attacked him for saying that. Obama said that there is NO way for the election to be rigged. He said that when he was sure that Hillary Clinton would become the president. He even mocked Trump and told him to worry about his own campaign.