Nicola Sturgeon and IndyRef2
Oh dear, here we go again it seems Nicola Sturgeon getting her knickers in a twist over another Scottish independence vote. It seems now in the countdown to enacting Article 50 (as this is bound to happen now despite all the detractors and shenanigans going on in Parliament) Sturgeon has resolved now to undertake negotiations with the London government to enact Section 30 that will allow for a Scottish IndyRef2 as it has been labelled.
Sturgeon has said that despite Theresa May apparently promising Scotland a special deal that would allow Scotland to be part of the UK as it leaves the EU and still be in the EU May has not budged an inch on this supposed promise.
Therefore Sturgeon feels Scotland is in limbo and the only way forward for Nicola Sturgeon is to have another vote on Scottish Independence. A government spokesman has said that as far as they are concerned the vote was settled in 2014 when Scots voted to stay in the UK.
If section 30 is given the go ahead it would appear the British Parliament which is the sovereign parliament across the UK will still have to approve it as will the Scottish Government in Edinburgh.
Many of Theresa May's Parliamentary compatriots feel the time for a Scottish vote for leaving the UK is done and dusted or feel now is not the time. Meanwhile, if IndyRef 2 does get the go ahead Sturgeon has said it would possibly happen in Autumn of 2018 or Spring 2019.
Brief Bio of Ruth Davidson
1) Born Elizabeth Ruth Davidson
2) Born in 1978 on 10 November
3) Approximately 38 years of age
4) Educated at Buckhaven High School, University of Glasgow and Edinburgh
5) Supports same-sex marriage
6) Feels churches and other religious institutions should not be forced into conducting same-sex marriages
7) Voted for the UK to stay in the EU
8) Says her party should not move further to the right and be anti-immigrant
9) Believes Scotland should stay in the UK
10) Has a same-sex partner Jen Wilson aged 33