- Politics and Social Issues
A Presidential Pre-Nupt, With Love
FROMAGE FRAIS....in our oh so modern era, don’t you just love our Former Presidents? From Nicolas Sarkozy, former President of France, the one who married former Supermodel, Carla Bruni Sarkozy (born Carla Gilberta Bruni Tedeschi (above), all up in the News - to, my favorite, Michel 'Sweet Mikey' Martelley, former President of Hiati (below with Former Pres. Barak Obama).
But its Sarkozy, who was France’s rightwing president from 2007 to 2012, who brought it; having been 'questioned by police officers in France specialising in corruption, money laundering and tax evasion', as part of an inquiry into the late Col. Gaddafi's affairs, said to have been Libya who 'illegally financed his winning election campaign in 2007'. (Read more; 'French police hold ex-president Sarkozy over 'Gaddafi funding' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43469316). which, all told, has landed him in potentially 'France’s most explosive political financing scandal in decades.'
It's all a far cry from what we have come to expect from the top apparantly. - PRESIDENTS AND THEIR MISDEMENOURS - https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/1867/01/the-causes-for-which-a-president-can-be-impeached/548144/
At a risk of sounding like 'Stormzy', what with the common political language available to all (Richard Herrera ( Understanding the Language of Politics), going for it; am wondering, have our Former Presidents got to big for their boots?
With that in mind, perhaps some advice, along the lines of a Contract...something of a Pre-Nupt... A'Pre-Presidential Pre-Nupt!
As the title suggests, its just like a modern marriage 'prenuptial agreement', (or antenuptial agreement, premarital, prenup or prenupt), whichever, its to be agreed on prior to taking up office!
It would be as legally a binding agreement as the pre-nupt, that includes the 'what's in it for us' provisions for everything from property/land to relationships with the electorates Mothers. In short, a Legal Doc that serves to remind our Presidential hopefuls to watch their step!.
Dear Mr President
Bearing in mind that 'the presidency presents 'unique challenges', and 'the modern presidency is almost an impossible job'. (Read more - https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2014/07/21/its-virtually-impossible-to-be-a-successful-modern-president/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.cd533ae7df34)
The job will always be a tough one. So, with Presidents hotstepping it in and out of the post,faster than contestants applying for 'Strivctly Come Dancing', presidential wannabes should take notes. And remember, time in office (and beyond), is short and unlike the revolution - https://www.quora.com/Where-does-the-phrase-the-revolution-will-be-televised-come-from - will probably be televised,
To the Presidential Pre-Nupt then. For him, or her to come! http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/08/media/oprah-golden-globes/index.html
The Presidential Pre-Nupt
!) I PROMISE TO BE A GODLY SORT - (Take a leaf out of Brazil's book - where disillusioned Brazilian voters want a God-fearing president with ample political experience to improve social welfare and public security, according a poll)
2) I PROMISE NOT TO THROW SHADE AT THE ELECTORATE (OR GO BALLISTIC WHEN THE ELECTORATE THROW SHADE BACK) - https://www.out.com/popnography/2018/1/28/president-throwing-shade-jay-z-twitter -Mugabe insults Jamaicans - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2202793/Jamaicans-offended-Zimbabwean-leader-Robert-Mugabe-brands-chronic-drunkards-pot-smokers.html
3) I PROMISE TO SPEND DOWN TIMES APPROPRIATELY ( Read More -Ex-President Spends Night Behind Bar - https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/nation/2018/03/251_246102.html
4) I PROMISE TO HONOR THE ELECTORATES MOTHERS AND FATHERS LIKE MY OWN! -(Read More: 106 Year Old Visits the White House - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/barack-obama-michelle-obama-dance-106-year-old-woman-visits-white-house-a6888656.html)
5) I PROMISE TO KEEP THE FIFTH COMMANDMENT - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/burkinafaso/12062772/Former-dictator-of-Burkina-Faso-charged-with-murder-of-leader-dubbed-African-Che-Guevara.html)
6) I PROMISE NOT TO FLIRT WITH HER NEXT DOOR! (Even if she looks like Marilyn Monroe - READ MORE -https://www.popsugar.co.uk/celebrity/JFK-Marilyn-Monroe-Affair-Details-44047562l
7) I PROMISE TO REMEMBER THE SABBATH DAY (Read - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LShdbiYIRuw
8) I PROMISE NOT HAVE IT AWAY WITH OTHER PRESIDENTS POSSESSIONS! Read more - https://www.quora.com/Did-the-Czech-president-V%C3%A1clav-Klaus-really-steal-that-pen-from-the-president-of-Chile)
9) I PROMISE I WILL NOT TO LIE, LIE LIE! (Read - http://www.sabcnews.com/sabcnews/da-lay-perjury-charges-zuma/
I PROMISE NOT TO HAVE TOO MANY MOMENTS - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSfndzva1hg
- List of elections in 2018 - Wikipedia
- Richard Herrera | School of Politics and Global Studies
- Carnival ban for former Haitian president “Sweet Micky’ alter ego | Miami Herald
Insulted by President Donald Trump, Haitians are fighting back this carnival season against someone else who they say is disparaging the country: Former president, Michel Martelly and his musical alter ego, Sweet Micky.
- 8 in 10 Congolese Disapprove of President Kabila, Poll Shows
Elections in Democratic Republic of Congo are scheduled for Dec. 23; Congolese are waiting to see if Kabila steps down after 17 years in power
- "I am innocent," South Africa's Zuma tells cheering crowd - Netscape News
- Robert Mugabe says 'disgraceful' Zimbabwe coup must be undone | World news | The Guardian
Former leader says military has taken over the country and leadership of President Mnangagwa is ‘illegal’ and ‘unconstitutional’
- Top 10 Worst African Dictators of All Time
Top 10 Worst African Dictators of All Time: Africa has seen the most worst African dictators of all time. Idi Amin Dada of Uganda tops the list.
- Retired President Moi is not dead, foreign affairs says | The Star, Kenya
Retired President Daniel Arap Moi is not dead, Foreign Affairs ministry has said. A blog circulating on social media on Wednesday indicated that Moi had died. Moi was flown to Israel for knee treatment on Sunday. Read: Moi in Israeli hospital for med
- Presidents and Their Books | New York Society Library
- Celebrities who may run for president in 2020: Kanye West, Katy Perry, more | am New York
Will Smith, Kanye West and even Chris Rock have teased that they might dabble in politics, which could make for a pretty interesting 2020 election ballot.
- Oprah Winfrey has some advice for any 2020 presidential candidates - CNNPolitics
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Considering Running for President in 2024 –
Dwayne Johnson tells Variety why he's strongly considering running for president in 2024.
- Uganda's 'Ghetto President' reggae star becomes real life MP | News24
For the last decade Ugandans have known two presidents: Yoweri Museveni, the country's long-time ruler, and musician Robert Kyagulanyi a.k.a. Bobi Wine, a.k.a. His Excellency the Ghetto President.