- Politics and Social Issues»
- United States Politics
Obama's Farewell 'State Of The Union' Speech.
Obama's Reflective Speech.
President Barack Obama promised something different to all those Presidents who had gone before with slogans like 'Yes We Can' which seemed to offer something different to the George W Bush years.
As he began with his speech with Joe Biden his Vice - President flanking him his speech seemed some what forlorn as he admitted he had probably let down many Americans who had believed in him and said certainly there had been and will be room for improvement in his Presidency in what little time remains to him.
He seemed to make a pointed attack on Donald Trump although he didn't mention him by name saying "When politicians insult Muslims thats not telling it like it is. Its just wrong. It diminishes us in the eyes of the world".
Taking a swipe at Ted Cruz another Republican candidate he said America was more than talking tough talking and carpet bombing in its foreign policy.
He also seemed to target those who think Obama's time in office has made America look weak abroad and said America is still the strongest nation in the world and despite the rise of China and a resurgent Russia even now no power comes even close to matching the US period to paraphrase Obama.
It has to be conceded though that those of left and right who thought Obama offered something new and now feel dis - satisfied with his administration whether at home or abroad may just have led to the rise of people like Trump and Cruz.
Nikki Haley gave the Republican speech which essentially was an answer to Obama's 'State Of The Union' address.
Obama concluded by saying that America has to change the way it does politics and maybe it has changed but not in the way Obama would have liked with the likes of Trump and Cruz now coming to the fore.
If Hilary Clinton a Democrat follows him into office will her policies be more like Obama or more hawkish well thats a scenario that will have to wait if ever it happens.
Mini History Of Michelle Obama.
1) Michelle Obama is a Writer, Lawyer and Wife of current President of the United States Barack Obama.
2) When asked her main role in life above all things Michelle always says she is a mother to her daughters Malia and Sasha.
3) Michelle hails from Chicago and is the daughter of Fraser and Marion Robinson.
4) Michelle studied Law, African - American studies and Sociology.
5) She joined law firm Sidley and Austin in Chicago where she met her future husband Barack Obama.
6) Later she worked with different communities and today she remains forthright in inspiring and helping young people as well being the current First Lady.