- Politics and Social Issues»
- Politics & Political Science
Pick the TUSD Candidate that Thinks the Least While Firing and Banning the Most
There has been a scourge of Chicano and Mexicano pride developing in Arizona, and luckily, the Republicans that run the state legislature saw this scourge before this pride got out of control and young Latinos started to feel good enough about themselves to vote and stand up for their rights. The center of this pride storm was Tucson and their award winning Mexican American Studies (MAS) program. Remembering that pride is one of the seven deadly sins, the legislature passed HR 2281 that banned ethnic studies by targeting the TUSD Mexican American Studies program with the following fear based, ignorance filled justifications.
A school district or charter school in this state shall not include in its program of instruction any courses or classes that include any of the following:
1. Promote the overthrow of the United States government.
2. Promote resentment toward a race or class of people.
3. Are designed primarily for pupils of a particular ethnic group.
4. Advocate ethnic solidarity instead of the treatment of pupils as individuals.
Luckily, the state legislature and Superintendent Huppenthal understand that learning about your own culture leads to solidarity with others of the same background. Students must never learn the truth that sometimes Chicanos and Mexicanos were poorly treated in the U.S. because the truth leads to resentment.
Once again, we see the systems works. White people like Superintendent Huppenthal stop minorities from having pride and developing resentment by passing a law to stop them from being educated about their history.
The ban has been in effect for over a year, but we are in danger in Tucson from forces that want to educate students. They are trying to take over the TUSD school board as the first step toward re-instituting MAS. The next step will be to “overthrow of the United States government.”
Therefore, I have developed a short answer quiz to weed about the communists and race haters from the list candidates for the school board. I have included the important issue of testing, for without standardized, high stakes testing, corporations will never be able to turn public schools into profit centers. Do NOT peak at the answers below until you have complete this quiz.
TUSD Candidate Standardized Test
1. How many hours should a teacher spend each year on standardized testing?
2. Can you explain how testing improves a student’s understanding of content?
3. If a school doesn’t make the grade in high stakes testing, how many teachers should we fire?
4. If 47% of the students in TUSD come to school hungry, should you care about them?
5. How many years of European history should we have before we can teach one class of Mexican American Studies?
6. What is the perfect ratio of Europeans studied in the classroom to Latinos, African Americans and others?
7. How many Mexican American Studies classes should you visit before you ban the program?
8. How will banning Mexican American Studies and NOT other ethnic studies classes reduce resentment? Should the TUSD board be banned for “promoting resentment” by targeting Mexican American Studies for cancelation?
9. Would you ban burritos, tacos, salsa and other Mexican foods from TUSD as a precautionary measure?
10. What other programs are you planning to ban this school year? I suggest you ban journalism classes because they promote questioning of authorities.
1. All of them.
2. Because as students learn to regularly regurgitate test answers they will regularly learn to regurgitate other nonsense we feed them and be more easily controlled.
3. At least half of them. Remember, testing and student advancement is only a function of teachers and there are no environmental, genetic, or social factors involved.
4. You are not required to care about any of your students; you are just required to test them as frequently as possible.
5. Twelve. Thirteen if you count kindergarten.
6. One to zero.
7. None. Hearsay, gossip and rumor is all the evidence you need.
8. We will ban resentment if former MAS students don’t march in line.
9. We must ban all Mexican foods in Tucson and Arizona to prevent a takeover by foreigner powers through our food supply.
10. We must ban everything that is not on standardized test (except football), and that would include MAS, journalism, debate, poetry, drama, drivers education, sex education, and so forth.