NBC/WSJ Poll: Americans Think Obama No Longer Fit to Run the U.S. and 12 White House Blunders
President Barack Obama
New Poll with Troubling Numbers for Pres. Obama
Americans are not feeling quite so confident in the President of the U.S. as scandals continue to pile up in the White House. The latest poll numbers share that insecurity among American citizens.
NBC and the Wall Street Journal (WSJ) came up with President Obama poll statistics before the takeover of Iraq by Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS).
Only 37% of Americans approve of President Obama's foreign policy, while an all-time high of 57% of Americans disapprove. More troubling is seen in Table 2 (below) that more Americans believe that President Obama cannot "Get the Job Done as Leader of the U.S."
Only card-carrying Democrats that are still blaming former President Bush would think that President Obama has done a great job.
Table 1: Competency Poll
George W. Bush
Barack H. Obama
Table 2: Can Pres. Obama Lead and Get the Job Done?
Obama's Poll Numbers are Tanking
Former Sec. of State, Hillary Clinton
President Obama gets Lowest Approval Rating in Polls
President Obama has received the lowest job rating and lowest approval rating among foreign policy and many Americans are starting to regret voting for him in the last election. Let's hope these same people that regret voting for Obama remember this when Hillary Clinton runs for President in 2016.
Perhaps this has something to do with one of the many scandals of his Presidential career. 11 of them have been listed below, and the last point is Obama's failed foreign policy..
12 Blunders that President Obama has been tied to:
- Obamacare (Affordable Care Act) - Ruled by the Supreme Court as a new "tax" on the American people. Businesses must pay for employee healthcare or be fined; many businesses are opting to just pay the fine because it is cheaper.
- HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius - HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius received donations from companies that the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) would otherwise regulate, using the money to sign up uninsured U.S. citizens for Obamacare. Sebelius also violated the Hatch Act after making partisan comments publicly, endorsing the Democratic candidate for Governor of North Carolina.
- Solyndra Scandal - President Obama touted and used Solyndra as their success story on giving Federal grant money to green energy companies. However, when the Federal money ran out, Solyndra filed for bankruptcy. The Obama administration asked Solyndra to not announce layoffs in the company until after the 2010 mid-term elections.
- U.S. Deaths in Benghazi - Despite CIA knowledge of an impending attack on the U.S. embassy in Benghazi, Libya, U.S. troops were not sent to protect the U.S. embassy, resulting in the deaths of: CIA contractors and former Navy SEALS Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty, Foreign Service Information Officer Sean Smith, and U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens. Ten others were injured. Former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton took the blame for American deaths in Benghazi, due to a lack of embassy security. As a result, she resigned. The White House refused to provide information on what President Obama was doing on the night of the Benghazi attack.
- Surveillance of the Associated Press (AP) - The U.S. Justice Dept. obtained AP reporters' phone records as a result of a leak investigation conducted by the AP.
- James Rosen Scandal - The U.S. Justice Dept. hinted that James Rosen (of Fox News) was a criminal for reporting on classified information. His email and phone records were obtained as a result.
- ATF "Fast and the Furious" Scandal - Weapons (mainly guns) went across the U.S.-Mexico border into the hands of drug dealers with the "Fast and the Furious" scheme. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) lost track of these guns -- some of which were directly involved in the killing of Border Patrol Agent, Brian Terry. Justice Dept. Attorney General Eric Holder claimed that he had "just learned" about the Fast and the Furious guns scheme when he testified before Congress in May 2011, when evidence presented to Congress suggested that he knew about the scandal much earlier.
- IRS Targeting of Conservative Non-profits - The IRS targets non-profit conservative groups prior to the 2012 election to boost the Obama campaign. Lois Lerner resigned as IRS director after targeting over 25 conservative and religious groups at the request of key Democrats, including White House involvement.
- Disappearance of Lois Lerner's Emails - Any emails that might have been used to incriminate Lois Lerner, the White House, and key Democrats mysterious disappeared from all records.
- VA Hospital Scandal - Up to 40 American military veterans died due to bad scheduling practices taking place at a Phoenix VA hospital, with the same problem happening all across the U.S. Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki resigned after meeting with President Obama.
- Prisoner Exchange of Taliban 5 for 1 U.S. P.O.W. - Chuck Hagel took the blame for trading the five most dangerous prisoners from the U.S. Guantanamo Bay Detention Center for one U.S. prisoner of war that deserted his post, resulting in eight U.S. soldiers dying in their search for him. (More details can be read in this Hub: "Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Obama was 'On Board' with Trade of Taliban 5") This prisoner trade did not follow U.S. law to notify Congress 30 days in advance before prisoner exchange. The White House fully supported Chuck Hagel's decision. The released Taliban 5 have expressed a renewed commitment to killing Americans with Al Qaida.
- Foreign Policy in Afghanistan/Iraq - President Obama announced in 2014 that U.S. troops will pull out of Afghanistan, ending the war. Meanwhile, the ISIS army takes over Iraq city by city. The security forces are not able to protect the Irawi people, demonstrating that U.S. efforts in Iraq were not effective.
Please note that this is not the complete list of Obama scandals.
Based on Obama's accumulation of failures, do you think he is unfit to be President?
Murray, Mark. "NBC/WSJ Poll: Obama's Foreign Policy Rating Plummets, Even Without Iraq" NBCNews.com.
© 2014 zeke2100