President Donald Trump Hits the Ground Running
As promised by those in his inner circle, President Donald Trump has rolled up his sleeves and dove right in upon being sworn in. Passing a series of executive orders, talking with world leaders, tackling overspending, holding meetings, and challenging business as usual with Washington's status quo, the newly elected President is wasting no time.
In the process of doing so, President Trump has obviously ruffled some feathers with the establishment media and those still mourning Obama's departure. Ironically, Democrats have now become the very thing that they criticized and complained about for the greater part of eight long years (rightfully expected, but a bit hypocritical now...).While I already anticipated such a reaction from the opposition, it is those RINO Republicans that prefer the old guard and lining their pockets, as opposed to working for their constituents, that personally concern me more.
But Trump has made it clear from the very beginnings of his campaign that he works for the people, not the Washington elitists. So here's a list of what newly sworn-in President Donald Trump has taken on with less than a week under his belt as the Commander-in-Chief, most of which are the initial stages of fulfilling campaign promises:
- Initiated the process of rolling back the "Affordable" Care Act (the name is such a joke...) and replacing it with one of the multiple Republican proposals. Either way, with the damage done to our health insurance industry by Democrats and Obama (remember not one Republican voted for it - they own it entirely...), this is going to be a long rocky road.
- Withdrawing from TPP, effectively killing the globalist agreement and shaving off a minuscule piece of Obama's legacy. President Trump is in favor of trade, but using his expertise to negotiate deals that actually benefit the United States as a whole, not just those in the global community. NAFTA is also in his sights and will be up for renegotiation.
- Putting a freeze on federal hiring, leaving vacancies empty and preventing the creation of new ones, in response to the government bloating that occurred under Obama. The military and other essential positions are excluded from this executive order.
- Reinstated the "Mexico City Policy," as is the tradition of every incoming Republican President (just as it the Democrats to repeal it...), which prevents taxpayer dollars from being utilized to promote, refer, or carry out abortions in foreign nations by non-governmental organizations.
- Opened an investigation into reports of voting fraud during the 2016 Presidential Election (dead voters, illegal immigrants, voting more than once, cities having greater turnout than possible, etc). Although the results will tell the tale, I suspect a tightening of voting procedures will follow, especially with the report that is breaking today indicating Hillary Clinton received upwards of 800,000 illegal votes (check it out!)
- Reaffirming his commitment to building the wall and that Mexico will be paying for it was just the start, as President Trump also signed an executive order putting sanctuary cities on notice. Any city refusing to cooperate with immigration officials or deportations of illegal immigrants will see a cut in federal funding (there is an exclusion for policing services and other essentials).
- Tweeted in response to defiant Mayor Rahm Emanuel, warning to concern himself less with sanctuary city status and instead focus on reining in the war-torn Windy City’s out of control violence, which will otherwise see federal intervention.
- Stated his intent through an executive order to, "streamline and expedite" the process of approving infrastructure projects. Although this one makes me a bit nervous, as I would prefer energy independence first, our exposed electrical grid is due for a much needed security upgrade.
- Froze any pending or newly introduced regulations to begin the process of alleviating the burden on industry and small business.
- Speaking of freezing, President Trump also put a halt on the extremely shady $221 million transfer of US tax dollars to the Palestinians (Kerry let Congress know of the transfer just hours to Donald's swearing in... the corruption and dishonesty is nearly palpable).
- Confirmed that he will be making his pick for Supreme Court on Thursday February 2 via Twitter, from the list that he provided during the campaign. The President also insisted during Sean Hannity's hour long sit down (watch above) that he would advise Senate Majority Leader Mich McConnell to utilize the so called "nuclear option" to defeat any filibustering Democrats.
- Tossing Obama's imposed roadblocks on the Dakota Access and Keystone XL Pipelines, which is a clear reflection of President Trump's proposed vision of US energy independence. With the lengthy permit process now expedited, there's new life in these bureaucratically stagnant projects.
- Putting an immediate freeze on grant programs to the EPA, with promises to downsize the overabundant staff.
- In reaction to promised tax reform and President Trump's attitude towards promoting business and industry, free of government regulation, we should note that the DOW has now cleared a historic 20k.
While it has certainly been a busy week for the freshly settling Trump Administration, I expect that this will be business as usual during this President's term. As they say, time will tell, but I find myself hopefully optimistic with the direction of this country for the first time in eight long years. One thing is for sure, the Donald is just getting started...