Prevent Teen Deafness and Hearing Loss Now Before its Too Late!
Don't become a Deaf Teen!
Hearing Loss in Teens Skyrocketing
If you go to a hearing aid website there will be a picture of an old lady or maybe a man whos life was restored by use of the company product. The problem is the money isnt in our senior citizens, it is in teenagers. According to NPR.org 1 out of 5 teens have some kind of hearing loss. This hearing loss can turn into full blown deafness if the appropriate conditions are applied. Sadly many teens find themselves getting into these conditions time and time again. But what is causing all of this hearing loss? Most of the hearing loss is due to loud music coming out of iPod in ear earbuds. Not just earbuds cause it, loud outer ear and even car radio systems cause hearing loss also. What happens is the longer you hear loud noises the more destructive it is to the little hairs in your ear. The loud music is very likely destroying the tiny hairs in the inner ear that respond to particular pitches and help transmit sound to the brain. When pieces of that audio transmission are missing, then the brain can't interpret sound clearly and the individual has difficulty understanding speech. This is why a lot of people experience "Hearing Loss" before full blown Deafness. All long term loud noises can effect hearing and should be thought about, remember workers around loud machinery are required now to wear ear protection to keep from any hearing loss.
Best Tips to Prevent Hearing Loss:
- Keep Earbud mp3 player music down at about half or less of full volume.
- Watch Tv slowly lowering the volume over time.
- Keep car music down, don't raise music thinking others will hear it. They can't hear it and your ruining your ears.
- Enhance a motorcycles muffler or get a quieter model if that is your main form of transportation.
- Dont yell and scream at home, talk in normal steady inside voices.