Reasons to Vote for Obama
Here are some reasons everyone should vote in President Obama for another term.
1. Obama is great leader in advanced killing technologies. While he has reduced the number of troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, he has increased the drone strikes five-fold in the region since becoming president. And Obama is willing to kill 16 year old U.S. citizens overseas with drones if he doesn’t like them, as he did with Abdulrahman al-Awlaki.
The drone war is great for everyone; it creates jobs and saves lives, of U.S. soldiers. The lives of Afghan and Iraq men don’t amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. You see, all men of fighting age in an area with armed conflict in the region are considered enemy combatants of the U.S., so it’s okay to kill them.
Obama’s secret kill list he signs every week, the one he signed to kill the 16 year old U.S. citizen, is also a reason to vote for Obama. Not only does Obama have an enemies list like Nixon, he’s willing kill people on the list, like Don Corleone.
2. Obama has supported the insurance industry by refusing to promote single-payer health care and forcing people to buy insurance through a mandate. The mandate is great only when you consider the bill doesn’t address profit-taking by insurance companies to reduce costs. Unfortunately, Obama’s Affordable Health Care Act will force us to cover sick people with insurance, but we will make healthy people pay for insurance without cutting our million dollar bonuses. We also won’t cut the cost of overhead or advertising. We will still make our profit. It’s a huge win for big insurance companies. YoBama!
3. Obama signed the National Defense Authorization Act, thus making us safer by allowing the President to target citizens without cause. Obama has started killing U.S. citizens overseas, and the most recent NDAA signed by Obama is the first step to killing dangerous citizens here. The bill gives the military and other governing authorities the right to detain us in the U.S. if we are seen as a threat until the “end of hostilities”, whatever that means.
I am so glad that people who speak out against the government can be detained and that Obama signed the bill that makes this possible. For putting fear of dissent over those pesky civil rights, I support Obama for President.
4. President Obama has wisely continued Bush’s rendition program. Rendition is the practice of sending suspected terrorist to countries that have no qualms about torturing them. I am so glad we are still sending suspects overseas to people willing to do the dirty work of torture for us so we can keep our hands clean.
5. Obama didn’t end the Bush tax cuts. He was willing to let the top 1% tax cuts continue for a “compromise” that meant Congress would temporarily extend unemployment insurance for millions of lazy liberals. Thankfully, Obama didn’t ask for a larger jobs’ program and has continued with the bank bailout program passed in the last year of Bush’s term.
6. Obama has offered up Social Security cuts at the debt negotiation table. That is one thing we thought we’d never get from a Democrat, but then again, Obama’s not your typical Democrat. Cutting into the funds that Americans put away for their retirement, so we can continue the tax cuts for billionaires, would secure my vote.
7. Obama continues to use the the tools of the Patriot Act to keep tabs on the American people’s bank records, library use, purchases and other private activities without the need for those troublesome warrants. I am so glad we are still spying on citizens like the Chinese do. It’s what makes both our nations strong.
8. Obama hasn’t let the pesky environmentalists run his White House agenda. Certainly he temporarily stopped the XL pipeline from shipping Canadian sludge through our nation. However, Obama has continued to sign leases for offshore oil drilling, supports dubious clean coal, touts nuclear power after the Japanese plant meltdown and supports fracking. So don’t worry Americans, no tree huggers will run this president’s administration.
9. President Obama’s “Race to the Top” education program promotes a corporate takeover of the school system that has failed out of neglect. “Race to the Top” promotes charter schools and other forms of accountability for public schools that will hopefully lead to a corporate takeover of our schools one day. I support votes for Obama because his education policy will lead to more profit for McGraw Hill and other test makers.
10. From the start, Obama showed he was no economic radical by hiring Wall Street men and women including former Goldman Sachs CEO Hank Paulson and hedge fund mogul Larry Summers among others. Who better to fix the economy than those who brought about the recession? Other good choices include “Race to the Top” Duncan for education and big agra shill for Monsanto, Tom Vilsack for Secretary of Agriculture. Thankfully, President Obama rejected environmentally minded Rep. Raul Grijalva and instead chose fracking supporter and oil and natural gas investor Senator Ken Salazar of Colorado for Secretary of Interior.
Obama sees that hiring corporate men and women to regulate corporations is the best way to protect their interests. And as we know, corporations have the interests of the American people in their hearts and offshore bank accounts. With these hires, I knew Obama was alright by me.
Obama has earned your vote with all the killing and spying and support of corporations. Vote Obama in November. He’s the best you deserve. And if you vote for Romney, that’s a good choice too. It’s a win-win for those that run America.