- Politics and Social Issues»
- Africa Political & Social Issues
The Red October Movement in South Africa
White South Africans have had enough of the brutal killing of their people
"We have had enough!" says the organizers of Red October.
"People all over the World will gather, bearing Red Balloons and White Crosses in memory of those who have lost their lives and in protest against the inhumane Slaughter and oppression of White South Africans. This needs to stop and can no longer be ignored."
They worded their feelings as follows:
- We will again stage marches and gatherings across South Africa and the World to let everyone know that we have had ENOUGH!
- No longer will we be silent about the oppression of our people! No longer will we endure the killing of our people on our farms and in our towns and cities!
- We can no longer be silent about the brutal torture of the elderly and the defenceless!
- We are tired of Corrupt Governance, Racist Black Economic Empowerment and Affirmative Action policies. We can no longer tolerate the destruction of our infrastructure, our filthy government hospitals, our pathetic educational system, dirty dams and rivers, uninhabitable parks and public areas, dangerous neighbourhoods and filthy streets! The list is endless and we say it’s ENOUGH!
Not only in South-Africa, but in many countries across the globe, people gather on a certain day in October to protest peacefully against the brutal killing of defenceless white people in South Africa. After a reading from scripture, and prayer, red balloons are released into the sky. The number of attacks and killings, meticulously recorded by the keepers of statistics, are discussed and regretted before the participators go home with the hope that the killings will come to an end.
Although every year has its own alarming statistics, 1 May 2012 to 30 April 2014 was described as a-year-from-hell: 310 attacks, 473 victims, 173 murdered, 22 raped.
Who are the supporters of Red October?
Red October is mainly supported by members of left-wing' white political parties who believe that the killing of "their people" by black people is rooted in racism and revenge. The government denied that these killing are racist; they categorize it as 'ordinary crime'.
Why is only a handful of whites involved in Red October, was my question to a fierce supporter of the Red October Movement. He assured me that 'since the beginning' there were three groups of white South Africans -
- Those who are courageous enough to speak their minds, and since 1994 in particular about black on white attacks and killings.
- Those 'hyper-religious Christians' who believe in the power of prayers and God's Word and Will. Reading their Bibles, praying and going to church are all they ever do.
- Those 'cowards' who play monkey see nothing, hear nothing, speak nothing, and do nothing until they become victims. Then they move to the first or the second group.
The supporters of the Red October Movement have coined a name for those who don't agree with them: "Liberals" or "Liptards".
Liberals allege that whites are not the only victims of heartless criminals. According to their records people of all cultures are being attacked and killed by brutal criminals who are uncontrollable due to ineffective law enforcement. They blame the government - the corruption, incompetence and mismanagement of funds on all levels of government and management.
While conservatives and liberals argue about the true motivation of relentless criminals, the government is as still as the grave, apparently unaware of the fact that silence gives consent.
Some journalists allege that white South Africans have nothing to cry about. Whites still have all the privileges they have had during Apartheid - houses, jobs, cars, churches, schools, etc., and those who have lost some of it can only blame themselves. While the majority blacks are still where they were during Apartheid - without proper houses, without proper education, without basic comforts like electricity.
A problem without a solution?
Fact is: Unlawful premeditated killing of a human being by a human being is MURDER and against the law.
Uncontrollable, relentless and heartless criminals is one of the many PROBLEMS in South Africa that has to be solved rather sooner than later. The government has another word for problems, namely challenges. Who is supposed to meet this challenge, and how?
- The government, by creating jobs and an effective juridical system.
- Parents and teachers, by teaching children proper values and attitudes.
- All citizens, by loving their fellow-man as they love themselves.
Back to the supporters of Red October -
One of the questions I have asked at the Red October event: "What will happen if we demonstrate our feelings about the killing of our people by doing something truly positive, like sponsoring the education of ten or more poor black children. After all, a proper education does suppress, and even kill, a normal person's primitive tendency to hate, steal and kill."
I am still waiting for a response!