- Politics and Social Issues»
- Politics & Political Science
Republican Governors Save America
Like a combination of Captain America, the Hulk, and Lex Luthor, Republican Governors have saved America from workers, liberals, welfare queens, socialists and climate scientists. Let's also give a hand to the Republican dominated legislatures for their help.
These governors go after public sector workers because any worker that makes more than minimum wage and isn't a safe Republicans vote must be taken down. While private sector employment has been slowly rising, public sector employment has been dropping. We have Republican governors to thank. Here is a short list of all they have done for the people of their states.
1. They have laid off public sector workers. By cutting education, safety and other public programs, Republicans have reduced not only the workforce but the power of public unions in the states. It has weakened one of the only reliable Democratic power blocks left.
2. These governors have given tax cuts to top brackets in a time of fiscal crisis to make budget shortfalls worse. By making budget shortfalls larger, Republicans can promote more concessions from unions and cut more workers in order to eliminate the budget shortfalls they helped exacerbate.
3. They have cut welfare programs such as food stamps in a time of need. By making people more desperate, workers will accept less and the governors' friends in major corporations can reduce wages or at least avoid pesky wage hikes.
Please believe it when they say they want to keep wages low to prevent inflation for consumers. It has nothing to do with their bottom line of maximizing profit so they can buy another resort home like those regular guy Mitt Romney owns. By increasing their disposable income through tax cuts, governors can dispose of unneeded teachers, social workers, mental health professionals and police officers.
4. Overall, governors have helped increase unemployment. All these cuts to programs and cuts to taxes have made it more difficult to pay for those outrageous teachers salaries, who after working only 60 hours a week make an astounding $30,000 dollars a year right out of college. By increasing unemployment in the public sector, overall unemployment remains stagnant. And while Republicans in the states are doing much of the job cutting, it’s all President Obama’s fault that unemployment remains high.
By keeping the unemployment numbers up and spending perhaps a billion dollars for Mitt Romney’s campaign in the fall, Republicans will win the White House and work on phase two of their take over of American: getting rid of reproductive choice, public education, the minimum wage, medicare and social security.
Republicans make all these cuts to keep American strong. As we have all learned, all the economic troubles in America are Obama’s fault, even if the recession started when George Bush was President. So remember to vote Republican in the fall and don’t let the government interfere with your Medicaid, veteran's health care, or police pension. The Koch brothers and their allies depend on it.