- Politics and Social Issues»
- Europe Political & Social Issues
Serbia To Legalize Marihuana: Medical Proposes Only
Serbian Healthcare System Worst in Europe
Europe's Worst about To Do Radical Step Forward
"Europe's Worst" - the title that Serbian Health Care got after all indicators measured by the relevant EU institutions like European Commission, European Monitoring Center for Drug and Drug Addiction, and other have positioned Serbian Health Care system on 47th place of 47th.
- Serbia has made some huge steps forward indeed in recent years, since change of "Democrats" that have been ruling this geopolitical important country for more than 12 years.
Serbia has been started it's reforms tho, but citizens of Serbia have been left without hope for 12-13 years since Democrats haven't done much for Serbian citizens. Now, since 2013. Serbian Advanced Party have taken over the majority in Parliament.
- Extremely motivated new Government, has made up a team spirit in Government and it seems to be working extremely good job, for more than a 200 days since elections in March 2013.
Reforms that Mr. Vučić have done already have been recognized by EU, and Serbia has became this year official "candidate country" for full membership.
Nevertheless, nothing much is changing in the Health System since re-elections of Government... Until recent! Government also underlines that this is NOT a legalization for recreational use like here in case < CLICK HERE > but strictly cannabis oil and other derivate for strictly medical use!
RECENT CHANGES (most obvious ones):
- Changes in Public Sector by reducing salaries and implementing "Solidary Tax" for all those who receive more than 1000eur per month
- Reducing number of employees in Public Sector
- Boosting Private Sector and inventive ideas for attracting major corporations and company's making a lot of:
- Greenfield investments
- Brownfield investments
- Changes in Banking sector ( more transparent and more liberal banking system) lead to PayPal coming-in and future Policy Changes being active from October 8th 2014.
- Reducing slightly unemployment rate
- Boosting IT sector
- Modernization of Health Care (whereby we will talk about them
Marihuana as medicine
LEGALIZATION OF MARIHUANA
Serbia, within it's recent changes made and reforms in Public and Private Sector is about to legalize marihuana use and it's active ingredient THC (tetra-hydro-canabiol)
- The fact that Health System that is rated as the worst in Europe, making usage of marihuana in medical proposes legal is definitely something positive and a huge step forward when it comes to way of being humans being treated in Serbia in its hospitals, clinics, E.R's, etc...
Recently a public debate has been held on Philological Faculty with Ministry of Health actively being part of it - made this event historical. This is the first time, that any representative of Health Care System of Government of Serbia is present at any of these type of events.
Why? - The answer relies in the Constitution of Serbia whereby organizations
with goal of "promoting violance, usage of alcohol, usage of drugs, advertising drug and alcohol usage..." are forbidden. The particular part whereby it says that organizations that promote usage of psychoactive (drugs) substances are forbidden; is the key element why this even was historical.
- Also, what is behind the event, recently held, is obviously the new Constitution of Serbia is definitely on it's way (as already announced due the Chapter 35 - regarding Kosovo*).
Citizens of Serbia, are now keen to see what impact will have all these reforms that new Government on head with Mr. Vučić will do. Will Government keep it's word, and actually legalize marihuana for medical proposes, and will Serbia join EU until 2018/2020?
If you want to know the answer of the second question, you have to go a bit further into politics or read some of my previous articles. But, what really surprised Serbs is that with this kind of Health Care system, we are going into legalization of marihuana instead of getting "first things first".
Serbian Minister: Zlatibor Lončar publicly says: YES FOR MARIHUANA IN MEDICAL PROPOSES
Also, banking liberal and transparency level has been risen so PayPal came in 2008. and now, on 8th of October 2014 Serbia should be member of this e-commerce platform; within it's full features including not just sending money but making withdrawal as well.
Behind the Curtain "Legalization"
Why is legalization happening now, and what's actually behind the announcement of Ministry of Health and Government representatives that marihuana will be legal for usage in medical proposes?
- The actual fact that Serbia has the worst Heath Care System in Europe, taking 47th place of 47 states rated, is that Health Care of Serbia can actually be improved by this move and all the income from prescribing it can go directly into improving some of the sectors in Public Health Care that have been ruined during 90's.
Also, what's hidden under "Legalization of Marihuana" is the fact that by the laws of Serbia, that have been recently changed, such as the key part of Criminal Charge law and Chapter 123 and 124 where it says: " judge can release totally suspect/ convicted person for possession of opiate drug "marihuana" if judge thinks that quantity of founded drug is relatively small and therefore can be used for personal usage. "
What brings us legalization for medical proposes and upper mentioned recent changes?
Recent changes of Criminal Law whereby possession of small quantities can be considered as quantity for "own usage". The judge is the one that decides what is the "small quantity/ relatively small quantity.
- Well this is a trick of the Law right? One person, judge, is responsible to consider what is "small or relatively small quantity" . What if, and in most cases it is, the judge doesn't know a thing about marihuana, and consider a quantity of 3.7grams bruto weight (along with plastic bag) as something that isn't a "small quantity" ?
- What then?
What if, with all due respect, take an example of a relatively old lady or a man, who has never been in situation to even see how "drug" called marihuana looks like can that judge, and/ or jury, make the right decision whether or not to prosecute and fine the person or even worse- lock up in jail ?
When curtain closes...
When curtain closes, what is left? What can citizens see from these drug law and Health Care reforms?
- All reforms made by the new Government of Serbia, on head with Mr. Vučić, have made some diplomatic and some radical changes viewable by citizens of Serbia. I can agree with that, but what does an average 24 year old IT expert have from it, who's father is ill from cancer?
When "the curtain closes", (not) good Serbian laws are still in practice.
- Although, it is badly 200 days since Government on head with Mr.Vučić got into chair of Premier, some reforms are obvious. The starting Accession Negotiations with EU, starting and opening few chapters that are mostly those that are the hardest like Chapter 35 (optional charter; for countries with opened border question: in our case Kosovo*), and legalization or at least announced legalization of cannabis and cannabis derivatives by fall.
- PARADOXES -
Still after fourteen years of Revolution ("The 8th October Revolution" ) 90% of citizens are living on the edge of existence. Still, average teenage Serb spends twice more than Austrian teenager.
Country with the worst Health Care System, is implementing marihuana in its regular health care system, although it has problems with funding the very basic treatment for palliative care and/ or with substitution treatments with methadone and buprenorphine.
Still, in 99% people being treated with any narcotic based medicine like fentanyl, buprenorphine, or methadone can't find a job; meanwhile Serbia is legalizing marijuana without prior classification of Narcotics. So there you have on one side "marihuana as opiate drug" in Criminal Law of Serbia, and on other hand legitimization of the same thing- just in the different system of the very same country.
Serbia still pays workers on "Ademia Shari", Airport in Pristine on Kosovo* and all other workers in Kosovo* although all Serbian Government bodies on ex-Serbian province have left in '99 after 73 days of U.S/ N.A.T.O booming.
Also, what is interesting is that Serbia pays >1.5 milion euros per days for Kosovo* for sentance "KOSOVO IS SERBIA", leaving and paying people that are in some offices sitting or not, and acting like official body of Serbia.
Now after all summary what happened to this nation, legalization of marihuana in medical proposes is the last thing that Government can do. The youth is either running away, or doing drugs; becoming heroin addicts in 90% of cases- without proper and modern ways of treatment EVEN THOUGH MEDICINES LIKE HYDROMORPONE (Jurnista(R)) that can be used in O.R.Talong with methadone or without it.
People, are we living in Republic of Paradox ... Or we just... Punishing ourselves for 13 years, until this Government that done things like major greenfield investments (FIAT, MICROSOFT, SIEMENS, NCR, ETIHAD, GASPROM, etc...) as well as privatization of National shares in companies that were in total debts; making them leaders in region- whereby the best example is JAT AIRWAYS (Yugoslav Airways Tran..) which has been bought by EITHAD and making it "AirSerbia", as well as buy-off of "ZASTAVA" auto-industry in Kragujevac by "FIAT" auto-industry gigant.