Smoke Belching and the Environment
Smoke belching is the forceful expulsion of smoke from the vehicle’s pipe. This is the number one major contributor to air pollution. Laws were passed to stop smoke belching and full force exerted to further protect the environment from air pollution. But somehow, people just ignored it and still do whatever they wished to do.
Heavy dark smoke forcefully spits out from the pipes of vehicles is very dangerous to our health. It’s like breathing poison that we knew could kill us one day.
Since drivers really save even a cent to buy clean diesel or motor oil, what they do is they tend not to change it for some quite period of it.
So what are the causes of smoke belching in vehicles?
- Using low quality and used/unclean oils.
- The overloading of vehicles.
- Improper maintenance of the vehicle.
- Improper way of driving like overspeeding.
- Weak vehicle engine (engine not appropriate for the size of vehicle).
Smoke belching really needs to be reduced if not totally stopped. Air pollution alone already killed thousands of people in this planet. Are you going to wait for the time when you will become one of the victims of this harmful pollution?
There are so many campaigns and ways the government is forcing to every citizen just to minimize or reduce the air pollution we are experiencing these days.
Authorities continue to call on transport sector to also give their fair share in reducing air pollution.
Smoke belching can be prevented and it will only take a care and consideration to the environment of the person who are part of transport sector:
- Use only clean motor oil and diesel.
- Avoid over speeding or driving too fast with your vehicle.
- Do not overload your vehicle by any means. Carry only what is entitled weight load of your vehicle.
- Always make sure that the engine matches the size of the vehicle.
- Have your vehicle tuned up and change the oil regularly.
- Always clean the vehicle’s air filter.
- Submit your vehicle for smoke emission tests.
- Do not leave the vehicle in idle mode for a long time.
- Do not adjust the “governor” of your engine if you have no knowledge about it. Instead let motor shops do it for you. Inappropriate adjustment can lead to improper combustion.
- Encourage other citizens to stop smoke belching.
EFECTS OF SMOKE BELCHING
To the Environment:
Dark heavy smoke coming from the exhaust of vehicles contributes to the increase of Smog, which is the fog-like smoke that blankets cities and other areas with so much pollution. It makes the view of skylines very vague.
Smoke belching also contributes to acid rain, which can really harm forest and trees as well as polluting existing table water. Acid rain occurs when the chemical composition of water changes due to chemicals from pollutants, and it becomes acidic. Not only it would affect plant and trees, it also makes the soil acidic.
Global warming is also caused by air pollution, which occurs by the excess of carbon dioxide in the air. Through smoke belching and other human activities, those chemicals reach the atmosphere and eventually cause changes to ozone levels.
To Human Beings:
As human beings, we need clean, fresh air to breathe. So when the air we breathe becomes polluted, numerous illnesses will arise. The main disease caused by air pollution is respiratory problems, and may depend on the level of exposure to polluted air.
People suffer from asthma and other respiratory issues will have more difficulty when exposed to pollution due to the contamination and toxicity of the air and may trigger a deeper condition. Long period of exposure may also cause cancers and emphysema.
By cooperating and following rules imposed to us on the proper etiquette on driving and proper maintenance of vehicles, we can save environment as well as hundreds or maybe thousands of life.
The only way that we can save environment from air pollution is to plant more trees that can absorb carbon dioxide and exchange it for purer oxygen. People need to refrain in doing even small things that can cause more pollution on their vehicles. If we all heed and change our ways, I’m sure that our environment will change for the better.
Help Save Planet Earth!
- The Greener, the Better: Why We Should Plant More Trees
It only takes minutes to cut down trees but it will take years to grow one. Planting more trees will benefit the next generation just like we have benefited on the trees of yesterday.
- Going Green Inside Your Home
“Going Green” offers an array of benefits and it’s the best thing that you can do for your family and for the world. By living green, you don’t only save money - you also help save our environment.
- Simple Ways How to Save Our Environment
There are number of ways on how to save the environment - and it all start with you! Be the agent of change. Let's paint the world green.
- How to Protect and Save Marine Life
Everyone is responsible in saving our marine environment. What can you do as one person to help protect our natural resources? I’m calling for all to let us do our part and be the agent of change. There’s no better time to start than today.
- 5 Major Contributors to Forest and Wildlife Extinction
Extinction means they're gone forever. Save our forest and the vanishing wildlife before it's too late.
- The Ozone Depletion Phenomenon
The depletion of the Ozone layer on our stratosphere is one of the most complex and serious environmental issue the planet is facing today. Damaging the Ozone layer put the world at an increasingly greater risk.
© 2012 Mycee. All Rights Reserved.