Real Leadership ... Tebow or Obama ??
Two Profiles In Leadership
In 2008, America was a nation in trouble. Angry yet hopeful voices across the "mainstream media" convinced us that the only thing any of us could do to fix America would be to put our faith in the leadership of Barack Obama. Not to do so would prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that America was indeed a "racist nation". Besides, wasn't it time for the new, measured, temperate, moral leadership that only Barack Obama could bring. Sure, he didn't have the erstwhile experience of John McCain. But things were so bad what could be the harm ?? It couldn't possibly get worse !! Could it ??
In 2010, a nice, Christian boy, who'd quarterbacked the University of Florida to two National Championships, declared for the NFL draft. The analysts at the sports-networks were nearly unanimous, believing that although Tim Tebow had won the "Heismann Trophy", pro football was much different than the college game. True he didn't have all the physical tools to effectively quarterback an NFL team,. but he had excellent leadership qualities.Surely some terrible team could use his new, measured, temperate, moral leadership. Wouldn't any bad team be glad to get Tebow. Besides, they could do a lot worse. What could be the harm ??
The biased media of course greatly overplayed both of these profiles of leadership. First, they created Obama-Mania. More recently they've given us Tebow-Mania. Neither of .which is surprising. What is a surprise is theIr support for Obama and their caricaturing of Tebow has unwittingly shown that one of these leadership styles is vastly superior to the other. Here's eight unique observations the Obama-friendly newsrooms never thought about.
1) Both Tebow and Obama have created media buzz, and stimulated the national conversation. Tebow was able to renew enthusiasm for Denver Broncos football and stir up debate over his "very public" displays of faith. Obama has managed to renew enthusiasm for the Constitution with his blatant disregard for that document. He's also raised a few eyebrows with his penchant for anti-American remarks and an obsession with the words "I", "me", and "my".
2) Tim Tebow believes he's blessed. He claims he's been transformed by asking Jesus Christ to intervene in his life. Barack Obama sure acts blessed.He seems to believe he's so blessed that he has appointed himself to "fundamentally transform" every traditional aspect of American life This of course will require him to intervene in YOUR life, whether you've asked him or not.
3) Tim Tebow and President Obama were both apparently born on Pacific islands, and both men occasionally return to their alleged islands of origin. Tebow returns to the Philippines on mission trips. He's raising money and using personal funds to build a hospital there. Obama returns to Hawaii on multimillion dollar taxpayer funded vacations.
4) Tebow-Mania has obviously lead to many endorsement opportunities for the young quarterback which will serve to fill the coffers of a few corporations, some charities, and the portfolio of Tebow himself, with millions. His success has undoubtedly benefited the entire chain of corporate vendors and increased charitable contributions. Obama's apparent success has so far added five trillion dollars and counting, to the "National Debt". This debt is now so huge Obama wants to tax "rich" corporations to pay for it. Where will they find the money to do so ?? Probably by laying off workers, canceling contracts, and reducing charitable contributions.
5) Both Tim Tebow and Barack Obama are huge champions of the unborn. Tebow is adamant that every fetus has a right to life. Obama loves every viable fetus so much he can't wait till they're old enough to pay their fair-share of his 2009-2010 federal spending spree.
6) It's common knowledge that Tebow is guided by his strong Christian faith. But how easily we forget that Barack Obama is also a committed Christian. Obama was proud to reveal that he considers America-hating, Caucasian-bashing, anti-Semitic, Reverend Jeremiah Wright. to be his "spiritual father", even though he wasn't sure he'd actually heard some of his "better" sermons.Tim Tebow's "spiritual father" is his father, Reverend Robert Tebow, a simple Baptist minister. Unlike Obama, it's obvious that Tebow believes what his "spiritual father" preaches.
7) Tim Tebow took the Denver Broncos through the first round of the of the NFL playoffs,which was much further than they were expected to go in 2011. Their seemingly miraculous first-round win had the Broncos thinking Super Bowl, even though the odds were against them. Barack Obama has taken America to the brink of economic and military collapse.He seems quite content that America will never again be a global "Super Power".
8) In the early spring of 2012 Tim Tebow was traded to the New York Jets to make way for the the legendary Peyton Manning., But both teams actually were helped by the trade. America has the option to trade Barack Obama.for someone who will be far from legendary but if Obama does win, will anyone but Obama and "his team" actually benefit ??
Of course,"Tim Tebow for President", is not the answer. But perhaps someone with some Tebow-like leadership qualities is. What could be the harm ?? Because it really can get a lot worse !!