- Politics and Social Issues»
- North America Political & Social Issues
Veterans, not only on Veteran's Day, but for every day of this life, we've grown so accustomed to...we thank you!
Hug, shake the hand of, or simply thank a Veteran, not just on Veterans Day, but any day that you have the Honor to do so!
I was up and about early this morning.
Along the way, I passed many drivers, their destinations unknown to me, but I also passed school bus drivers and a farmer on his tractor.
Different drivers with completely different agendas for the day.
Two on their way to pick up the kiddos, many families counting on these drivers to get the kids to their destination, so that their school day may begin.
Perhaps some in those cars, destination unknown, were headed to school to teach some of those little rascals.
Another headed out to work his land. Who knows how many are counting on him today. I wondered if the land he was about to work was his Father's before and his Father's before.....
The sun was coming up and there was a chill in the air!
The silly morning d.j.'s were hamming it up on the radio, just as they had the morning before the election and the morning of the election.
Yes.....another election has taken place here in America!
We the People have spoken.
A Free People went to the polls, because, here in America, hallelujah, we can!
Because brave men in the past and because brave men and women today, Defend our Rights by Defending this Country, among those Rights is the privilege of going to the ballot box!
Because we decided long ago that a King in a foreign land making choices for us, wasn't for us! It wasn't for us then and it certainly is not now.
Thank you to All that have given to this amazing Country, especially those that gave all they could possibly give!
The ultimate price was paid in defense of this Country...in defense of you and me.
Thank you seems so inadequate!
A debt that we can never repay, there are no words, there are no actions.
Thank you to those Serving today, for your sacrifice to this Country!
You are so appreciated! You are always in our prayers.
- While some work tirelessly to chip away and destroy our Foundation.
- While others take to the streets... ((Free to do so, because of your sacrifice)) seeking to change the process which has worked for nearly 250 years now, thinking they are wiser than our Founders.
- While some take to the knee...during the National Anthem, when they should be standing as tall as they can possibly stand.
- While some threaten to move to another Country... because the chipping away at the Foundation isn't such a simple task and is taking much too long.(but, they never actually leave)
- As others risk everything just trying to get here, because they know of no other place worth risking it all for.
You all rise up early, pull up your boots, grab up your gear and put yourselves in harm's way
- So that I can rise up early and go to a job, which I am so grateful for.
- So the bus drivers can rise up early and go and complete their routes.
- So the children can rise up early, go and receive a quality education
- So the Teachers can rise up early, go and Teach the next generation and
- So the Farmer can rise up early and tend to his fields, so that he may put food on his table and possibly, his neighbor's table, as well!
We truly are a Blessed Nation and it is sad and unfortunate that so many take our many Blessings for granted!
Many are so involved in themselves that they forget to look around them, much less across the Country or across the sea, to fully grasp what takes place to ensure their Liberty... day in and day out.
Some seem to spend an entire lifetime... fighting against what they've never taken the time to understand, so they certainly cannot appreciate it in order to embrace it.
I am grateful for family members that have Served or are currently Serving; my Dad, my brother, Uncles, cousins, brothers-in-law and nephews. As well as many friends and acquaintances!
I do not take them for granted!
I do not take the Freedom that I and my family enjoy for granted.
If you are reading this and you have Served or are currently Serving, thank you so much for your Service to this Country!
Just as with the current Adminstration, the new Adminstration will be faced with an enemy that seeks to destroy our way of Life.
Thank God they are not alone in protecting the Nation, they are backed by a strong Military and a Nation of people that understand that all we enjoy is worth fighting for and protecting.
May they always find solace in this truth!
I will go through my work week, enjoy weekend activities, I'll attend the Church of my choosing on Sunday morning, because of all of those that came before and all at work today, to see that I can...to see that you can...to see that we all can, continue to do so!
Thank You and May God continue to Bless the United States of America!