The Cuban Connection? (Yes I can...get behind that combination...but, will I have that chance in 2016 election?)
The Cuban Connection
Better yet...The Conservative Cuban Connection
The CCC...I like it!
I have been paying close attention to Ted Cruz ever since he stepped into the limelight, during the Tea Party boom a few years back. Back then, he was running for the Texas Senate and he grabbed my attention with the words he spoke and the way he conducted himself.
He has never given me pause for concern, since beginning his run for the Presidency.
Many of his statements led me to take note of his Reaganesque qualities:
- PRIDE (not apologies) when speaking of America. (this really shows through when he describes his Father's plight, leaving Cuba and coming to America)
- RESPECT (not selective appreciation/selective disdain) for All of America's Founding Documents.
- CONFIDENCE IN (not pity upon) the American People and an understanding of our limitless potential (not seeing us as needy and helpless little weaklings)
- BOLDNESS (not timidity) in dealing with enemies seeking our demise.
- UNITY (not division) when it comes to our oldest and dearest Allies.
Marco Rubio; DITTO!
He too appreciates what we have...Here In this Country.
He too shares his personal story of a Father Coming to America, seeking a chance at a Future, far removed from Communist Cuba.
By their Character, I know that neither of these men would ever take this Country down this current President's road of apologies, disdain, pity, timidity and division.
During this election cycle, many Candidates have added Intrigue to the Mix; Businesswoman Carly Fiorina, my former Governor, Jeb Bush, Governor Chris Christie, Drs. Rand Paul and Ben Carson.
All brought vast knowledge of and a genuine appreciation for... the Greatest Country that God gave man.
Many of them have bowed out of the race at this point and all did so with Class!
With the eyes of the World upon any of these individuals, not one of them would ever gleefully and repeatedly shout, "we are just days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America", as this current President did and continually works to see through.
The greatest Country which God gave man, intentionally being weakened by a campaign promise of change and fundamental transformation, made us cringe when it was first stated and then more so as it was repeated. We recoil still today!
"You are the Light of the World. A City that is set upon a hill, cannot be hidden, nor do they Light a Lamp and put it under a basket, but rather on a Lampstand and it gives Light to All who are in the House. Let your Light shine before men, so that they may see your Good Works and Glorify your Father in Heaven."
These words spoken over 2,000 years ago by Jesus, in the Sermon on the Mount, have inspired so many, as they've sought to describe America.
- John Winthrop, a 19th Century U.S. Senator, in describing America, "We shall be as a City upon a hill", because America shines, she is always on full display for All of the World to see and by this is held to a higher standard.
- John F. Kennedy, in describing America, "We must always consider that we shall be as a City upon a Hill, the eyes of All people are upon us." Again, an understanding of this higher standard that we are held to and the responsibility that presents, as a result of that standard.
- Ronald Reagan, in describing America, "Well, I say, whether story or legend, the signing of the Document that day in Independence Hall was Miracle enough. Fifty-six men, a little Band so unique, we have never seen their like since, Pledged their Lives, their Fortunes and All of them Preserved their Sacred Honor."
Reagan went on to say, "We will be as a City upon a Hill. The eyes of All people are upon us, so that if we deal falsely with our God in this work we have undertaken and so cause him to withdraw his Present help from us, we shall be made a story, a byword throughout the World."
Strong Conservative Leaders are as sick and tired as We the People are and they do not want us to become "a story, a byword throughout the World", spoken of in the past tense!
We must get behind strong, Principled individuals.
Those who are constantly and consistently constitutionally conservative.
Cruz starts with a C and naturally fits into this equation.....just sayin'.
I'm holding onto my hope of a Conservative Cuban Connection or an equally Conservative ticket and so hoping and praying that the bickering and the back and forth hasn't spoiled all hope of it, leaving us with 'something else'.
I've grown weary of 'something else'. I do not want 'something else'. America should not 'settle for less' any longer. We cannot withstand it and should not stand for it!
Let us not become the America that Obama, Clinton, Sanders and too many others envision, but rather Remain the America that Winthrop, Kennedy and Reagan cherished so much that in an effort to describe her... they turned to Scripture.
God Bless America!