- Politics and Social Issues»
- Social Issues
What Are The Importance Of A Father?
As a 25 year old married man of a 4 year old stepson, I've realized that a man (father) plays an important role in a child's life. The dictionary don't really describe the true meaning of a father. For example, in the free-dictionary.com the definition of a father is a male person whose sperm unites with an egg, resulting in the conception of a child. I strongly believe that a man making babies doesn't make him a father. A father is a man that not only provides and protect, but he is actively involve and makes a positive impact in the child's life. Fathers are very important in this society and here's why:
- The U.S Department of Justice surveys that 85% of all youths in prison come from fatherless homes. I've come to believe that without a positive male father figure in a child's life their future seem to go spiral. Most young men without fathers don't have a role model to look up to so some turned to gangs or other affiliates. I've seen young boys that are 16 and 17 years old beating on young girls their age. I've seen young boys as young as 12 years old smoking marijuana and drinking alcohoI. I strongly believe that when fathers discipline their sons, teach them how to be a man, support and love them, then they will live a long life and they won't be a statistic.
- Another reason why fathers are important in this society is because daughters of single parents without a Father involved are 711% more likely to have children as teenagers. I can't even count how many young girls I've seen in my neighborhood without fathers. I've seen too many 13, 14, 16, and 17 year old girls get pregnant. Majority of their baby daddies are older. If only their fathers were to step into their daughter lives and treat them as the princesses they are, then maybe their daughters would had known what a real man was. I strongly believe when a father protects, provide, support, and treat his daughter like the princess she is, she will know how a real man treats a lady. Her confidence and self-esteem will be so high that no man can bring her down.
- The third reason why fathers are important in this society is because children with fathers who are involved are 70% less likely to drop out of school and more likely to get A’s in school. In high crime neighborhoods, 90% of children from stable 2 parent homes where the Father is involved do not become delinquents. I know you heard of the saying, 'Two heads are better than one'. When a mother and father work together to raise a child, that child benefits an increase richness of care. If a mother can count on the child's father to help with keeping the house clean and in good repair, paying the bills, caring for the children, and planning for their future, then the mother will be happier and an effective parent. Mothers gain the most security when they are married and know the father is committed to a lifelong relationship to her and their child. The father not only gives the child confidence but the mother as well.
- The last reason why fathers are important in this society is because fathers have a unique caring style in raising their kids. Fathers are the men that their kids fear. Fear as in they respect their fathers. For example, kids want their fathers to be proud of them and they don't want to do anything that will make them mad. However, I do understand some kids are rebellious but it all comes with time. As long as fathers discipline and train their child up in a way they should; as well as showing love and support, then that child should be successful in life.
In conclusion, fathers are important in this society because they can change the world and make a difference in a child life and prevent them from becoming statistics. Without fathers in a child's life you will never know what potential they have or who they can become. These kids can become future lawyers, doctors, NBA Stars, Actors and Actresses and the list keeps going. We need more men that will stand up and take responsibilities of their kids and to be actively involved in their lives. Paying child support is NOT being actively involved in their lives! Why? Because money can't train a child to do what is right. Money can't help a child make the right decisions. Money can't teach a child good manners nor how to operate in the business world. Money comes and goes but a father time and wisdom is something that a child will always remember and that is priceless. A father is a man who takes responsibility of their kids, protect, provide and train them up in a way they should go. A father loves and care for his children regardless of how bad and good they are. Can The Real Fathers Please Stand Up!! Why? Because when a group of fathers come together as One they can make a difference and it starts Today!!
Blood on Paper is an emotional and heartfelt poetic pieces that ministers the gospel of Jesus Christ to the hearts, minds, and souls of the urban youth. Maurice ‘Wisdom’ Bishop powerful and poetic words takes you on a journey of his past experiences, the lives of others, and illustrating stories to show you God’s love for us; as well as those who reject him. His powerful and anointed words will cause you to examine your own life and make a decision that will change your life forever.