The Top Presidential Candidates on Gun Control
Bernie Sanders on Gun Control
Quote by Bernie Sanders:
"I will take the following concrete steps to reduce gun violence: strengthen and better enforce the instant background check system; close the gun-show loophole; make 'straw man' purchases a federal crime; ban semi-automatic assault weapons which are designed strictly for killing human beings; and work to fix our broken mental health system." Source: (Google)
Sanders IS NOT COMPLETELY against guns; however, he does believe in stricter gun laws in order to reduce criminal activity as well to minimize mentally unstable individuals from owning one.
References For Donald Trump Quotes:
- Eugene, S. (2015, October 04). Trump: Arm teachers to stop school massacres. Retrieved March 14, 2016
- Trump, D., & Shiflett, D. (2000). The America we deserve. Los Angeles: Renaissance Books.
Link For Donald Trump
- CNN Link
This is the link for the website of the first listed quote from Donald Trump in this article.
Donald Trump on Gun Control
Quotes by Donald Trump:
1. “The right of self-defense doesn't stop at the end of your driveway. That's why I have a concealed carry permit and why tens of millions of Americans do too. That permit should be valid in all 50 states,” Source: (CNN)
2. “I support the ban on assault weapons and I support slightly longer waiting periods to purchase a gun,” (Donald Trump in 2000 in his book, The America We Deserve.)
Trump supports the second amendment. He wants to enforce slightly stricter gun laws but not to the extent as some of the other candidates.
Hilary Clinton on Gun Control
Quote by Hilary Clinton:
"More than 33,000 Americans are killed by guns each year. It’s time to act. As President, I'll take on the gun lobby and fight for commonsense reforms to keep guns away from terrorists, domestic abusers, and other violent criminals—including comprehensive background checks and closing loopholes that allow guns to fall into the wrong hands." Source: (Google)
Hilary Clinton does not want to ban guns. Similar to Bernie but to a lesser extent, also wants to enforce stricter laws on gun control.
References For Ted Cruz Quotes:
2. Bradford, R. (2015, October 02). Cruz: Obama trying to 'tear us apart' with comments on Oregon shooting. Retrieved March 14, 2016.
3. Bradshaw, K. (2016, February 29). Ted Cruz makes last-minute campaign stop in San Antonio before Super Tuesday. Retrieved March 14, 2016
Links For Ted Cruz
Ted Cruz on Gun Control
Quotes by Ted Cruz:
1. "The right to self-defense is an essential component of the liberty we enjoy as Americans and is embodied in the Second Amendment. From successfully protecting law-abiding citizens’ Second Amendment rights at the Supreme Court, to defeating legislation that sought to take away this right, I have always championed the right to keep and bear arms." Source: (Google)
2. "“We ought to do everything we can, for example, to be prosecuting the felons and fugitives who are trying to illegally buy guns." Source: (The Hill)
3. “I have never and will never support banning guns,” Source: (University Star)
Based on these quotes, Cruz seems to support the second amendment and is against banning guns. Cruz also does not seem to want to enforce nearly as strict gun laws as the other candidates do.
Which Presidential Candidate Are You "Rooting" For? (Note: I said Rooting, Not "Voting")
view quiz statistics
view quiz statistics